Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Robert Sanchez to Chelsea for £25m plus add-ons

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I’m a little surprised at the lack of rumours about Robert being on his way.

This situation is tricky for us. Pre-meltdown, you could argue that he had a value of £40m+ (the Brentford asking price for Raya) but with him laid sulking in an empty pram having emptied it of all his toys, we’re going to have to lower the asking price considerably.

So where to go for Sanchez? Maybe abroad? Chelsea (to reunite with Roberts), Man Utd or Tottenham would seem obvious destinations, I just hope we can get this rotten apple out the squad before he infects anyone else with his negativity. Ideally, we’ll pull in some serious dosh as he is a top 10 EPL keeper in my opinion.
Raya is a better keeper by some stretch. Only four keepers have ever gone for £40m+ in history. Sanchez, for me, is an average top flight keeper.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

This situation is tricky for us. Pre-meltdown, you could argue that he had a value of £40m+ (the Brentford asking price for Raya) but with him laid sulking in an empty pram having emptied it of all his toys, we’re going to have to lower the asking price considerably.

So where to go for Sanchez? Maybe abroad? Chelsea (to reunite with Roberts), Man Utd or Tottenham would seem obvious destinations, I just hope we can get this rotten apple out the squad before he infects anyone else with his negativity. Ideally, we’ll pull in some serious dosh as he is a top 10 EPL keeper in my opinion.
I think big Bob is also surprised as to the lack of interest

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022

Sanchez has never been worth anything like £40m. He is and always has been an adequate premier league goalie but certainly not top tier.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Mark Schwarzer is running round telling clubs not to go for him.

Down to £20m and no takers - we'll have to pay someone to take him off our hands soon!

“I’m not sure about (Robert) Sanchez, I’m not sure about Sanchez, I don’t think he’s right, I don’t think he’s the right type of goalkeeper for Spurs, but only time will tell,” Schwarzer said.​

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

When Potter left Chelsea how many of his back room team went with him, or are they all still there? Did Roberts and Bruno go too?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Mark Schwarzer is running round telling clubs not to go for him.

Down to £20m and no takers - we'll have to pay someone to take him off our hands soon!

“I’m not sure about (Robert) Sanchez, I’m not sure about Sanchez, I don’t think he’s right, I don’t think he’s the right type of goalkeeper for Spurs, but only time will tell,” Schwarzer said.​

Maybe Schwarzer should consider letting Ange decide for himself?

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Saw today that Man United are interested in Pickford, so maybe Sanchez could go to Everton?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Don’t agree with the rotten apple part, he still seems quite popular with the squad.
Is Roberts still at Chelsea or will Poch be bringing in his own back room team?
The rotten apple slur is inspired by the insult he allegedly made to RDZ and has allegedly not been able to apologise for or take back. He should have been in the dressing room for the Europa celebrations, very sad.

I believe Roberts is still at Chelsea but I don’t have a good source, just this:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If Potter were still about, he'd cajole Sanchez with candles and Mrs P home made paella.
But as we have RDZ, its his way or the autostrade.
Business is more cuthroat at the Albion these days.
He lost his place and flounced. Simple as that.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think big Bob is also surprised as to the lack of interest
Yup, this. Kept out of contention for Albion numero uno spot by (face it) a 32 year old journeyman keeper, and quietly dropped from the Spain squad. Does seem like a long road back for the player. Back down to earth with a massive bump for a guy who's been with us since the age of 15

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here