Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rob Edwards

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Just think that with managerial vacancies, there might be a job available in two weeks or two years. You just don't know.

In that time, Russell, Edwards, Rosenior, the bloke from Portugal or whoever could have gone on to take a top job, or their reputations could have tanked.

All you can really do is keep tabs on a large number of potential candidates and just hope one of the better ones is available whenever the job arises.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Just think that with managerial vacancies, there might be a job available in two weeks or two years. You just don't know.

In that time, Russell, Edwards, Rosenior, the bloke from Portugal or whoever could have gone on to take a top job, or their reputations could have tanked.

All you can really do is keep tabs on a large number of potential candidates and just hope one of the better ones is available whenever the job arises.
I agree, but with the caveat that managers/coaches in jobs can be extricated from them - viz Potter to us from Swansea and then from us to …… now where did he go?
I’d like to think we did it more honourably than Chelsea!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I agree, but with the caveat that managers/coaches in jobs can be extricated from them - viz Potter to us from Swansea and then from us to …… now where did he go?
I’d like to think we did it more honourably than Chelsea!
Managers can be extracted, and if RDZ leaves in the summer, maybe we'll try to extract one from the Championship or wherever, but the point is that if RDZ stays for 2 more years, then the same managers might either be unavailable, because someone else has taken a punt or undesirable because, they've had a bad year.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Managers can be extracted, and if RDZ leaves in the summer, maybe we'll try to extract one from the Championship or wherever, but the point is that if RDZ stays for 2 more years, then the same managers might either be unavailable, because someone else has taken a punt or undesirable because, they've had a bad year.
Agree entirely. You can do all the preparation and research that you want, but you can only deal with the situation when it actually happens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here