Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roadside memorials and floral tributes etc

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Why was it not your war? Didn't Ireland gain independance AFTER WWI? ???

Ignoring that, why should a global war not be considered your war. Whose war was it? Was it not a duty of the country to act in the same way that the UN operates?

Stop talking sense, it doesn't suit the board.... :glare:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If you ever drive past the scene of an accident (even on the opposite side of a dual carriageway) you will find that people instinctively slow down. Surely this is good for road safety.:bigwave:

Err, this is a joke, right?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Err, this is a joke, right?

No this is you misunderstanding what I am trying to say.

My point is that roadside tributes cause people to think and often to slow down, they are not a cause of road accidents as others are suggesting.

Sorry if I misled you. I am not saying that road accidents are good because they do the same but that they also slow down traffic - its called an analogy.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
You realise just how dangerous looking at the opposite side of the dual carriageway while driving and then slowing down actually is, I sincerely hope? Pileup time.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Sorry if I misled you. I am not saying that road accidents are good because they do the same but that they also slow down traffic - its called an analogy.

I know that road accidents slow down traffic; I spend every day on the motorway dealing with them. But this isn't drivers being careful - it is drivers slowing up simply to gawp at the carnage, which all to often causes a secondary accident. (I can promise you - evey driver that passes an RTC on the motorway is looking at the crash rather than the car in front).

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
For once you have posted sense. The only thing I think when I see flowers at the side of the road is "f***ing idiot, can't you follow a strip of tarmac" or "One less idiot on the road".

I've heard some ABSOLUTE CRAP posted in this site before but that comment is up there with the rest of them! Have you ever thought that maybe the person who died wasn't responsible for the accident you TWAT! :tosser:

sussexfatboy

Jan 4, 2005
Hastings
ESCC tried to ban these permanent or semi permanent roadside tributes a couple of years ago but backed down due to public outcry whipped up by local press. Personally I think they're morbid and unnecessary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here