Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Road trip USA

dingobruce

Oct 21, 2009
SE4 9UL
I do have a good ammount saved as i have planned to go traveling for a few years. If i will save me a good ammount of money waiting another couple then i will just wait around. I really dont fancy paying loads out on a hire car.

I did my roadtrip when I was 20 and know how it is with money. What we did was fly into San Francisco where we had friends and a place to stay so we could take our time hunting around for the right set of wheels. We ended up with one of these bad boys, cost us $2500... (This was in 2004, probably a bit more expensive now...)

NPOCPWestfaliaMain.jpg

We ended up driving around for about 3 months visiting about 30 states on the way... Unfortunately after driving from Miami to Chicago pretty much non stop we started having some problems and eventually the head gasket blew in Seattle. We were able to sell it for $500, but had it not been for the gasket blowing I'd imagine we would have been able to sell it again for around $2500-$3000. The great thing about the VW is that we hardly ever had to pay for accommodation, apart from in big cities like LA, New Orleans and New York. Although we did end up sleeping in it a few nights in Brooklyn!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here