Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Road rage video. Which side are you on - Team Bike or Team car?

Team Bike or Team Car?

• Team Bike

Votes: 85 41.9%
  • Team Car

Votes: 118 58.1%

• Total voters

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Seriously? This is where it's all wrong . Somehow if you get annoyed & shout some rude words you deserve to be assaulted. As previously mentioned, that should be left in the playground.

Seriously? You believe anyone should be allowed to get annoyed & shout some rude words at people without the victim retaliating?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not really, if someone knocks on your front door and runs away, it's not illegal but they are little shits. Just like the person who presses the pelican crossing button when the road is clear, then crosses, and leaves cars stopping for no one.

If the pelican crossing has no pedestrians on it I haven't got a problem with cyclist slowing down and deeming it safe to continue without stopping. I'm not going to get worked up in my car and getting all righteous about it because I have to stop.

Maybe you feel the need to shout out the window and shake your fist at them? I don't.

I don't have a problem with people pressing the button when the road is clear and then crossing but am slightly irritated by parents who let their kids press the button again once they have crossed. Do I toot my horn at imbecile drivers, yes, but anyone who knows me will tell you I don't get het up about. Doesn't raise my blood pressure but does merely point out to them the error of their ways. An example would be people going straight ahead at a roundabout and being correctly positioned in the left lane whilst I'm going right and am in the right hand lane. They then don't check their mirrors and take the shortest route across the roundabout cutting you up!!!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Care to enlighten us as to why cyclists should have immunity from prosecution for the same offence?

:lolol: I never said they should have immunity from prosecution, I said I don't have a problem with it when I see it. I'm not a policeman, I'm not the law, and I am not the cyclist.

What I do see is you having a problem with me not having a problem, but that's your problem.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I don't have a problem with people pressing the button when the road is clear and then crossing but am slightly irritated by parents who let their kids press the button again once they have crossed.

never gets old that one :clap:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I don't have a problem with people pressing the button when the road is clear and then crossing

I do :shrug:

Do I toot my horn at imbecile drivers, yes, but anyone who knows me will tell you I don't get het up about.

I restrain myself from tooting and only use it in extreme circumstances, otherwise I would be tooting all the time, and when I spot an imbecile driver I will keep more distance.

An example would be people going straight ahead at a roundabout and being correctly positioned in the left lane whilst I'm going right and am in the right hand lane. They then don't check their mirrors and take the shortest route across the roundabout cutting you up!!!

Don't worry it wasn't me, but if I were turning right I would be driving slower than the car going straight ahead, not trying to drive along side it. I avoid side by side driving as much as possible. That's my driving tip for you today.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Team Bike.

The anti-bike brigade go on and on about cyclists disobeying rules. An apparently law abiding cyclist points out the fault of the driver and he gets lamped for it?

"points out" he went a bit further than pointing it out didn't he.......chased the guy and gave him a gob full , if some cycley twatt done that to me i would probably do the same , team car for me....!!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I do :shrug:

I restrain myself from tooting and only use it in extreme circumstances, and when I spot an imbecile driver I will keep more distance.

Don't worry it wasn't me, but if I were turning right I would be driving slower than the car going straight ahead, not trying to drive along side it. I avoid side by side driving as much as possible. That's my driving tip for you today.

As a driving instructor, I don't need a tip from you. For example, you shouldn't go faster on the outside of a roundabout, in effect overtaking on the left!! Also, the fact that I am aware of the driver should have made it clear that I was not too close!!!!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
:lolol: I never said they should have immunity from prosecution, I said I don't have a problem with it when I see it. I'm not a policeman, I'm not the law, and I am not the cyclist.

What I do see is you having a problem with me not having a problem, but that's your problem.

That's not true, you do have a problem when car drivers do it, that is your problem.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
As a driving instructor, I don't need a tip from you. For example, you shouldn't go faster on the outside of a roundabout, in effect overtaking on the left!! Also, the fact that I am aware of the driver should have made it clear that I was not too close!!!!

Firstly, I didn’t say the left hand lane should go faster on a roundabout, I said if you are turning right at a roundabout you have to go slower. If you are going to play this game at least quote me properly.

If you really want to go into this deeper though there are many different types and sizes of roundabouts and they should all be approached and exited with good judgment and dealt with accordingly on an individual basis. You are welcome to post an image of the roundabout in question and we can discuss this further?

Also, if someone is indicating to turn right you can overtake them on the left.

And if you didn’t consider yourself too close, and you were turning right anyway, it cannot be described as being cut up unless you were actually tailgating in the first place.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
That's not true, you do have a problem when car drivers do it, that is your problem.

I have never seen a car deliberately go through a red at a pelican crossing so I don't see it as a problem let alone my problem???

I see plenty of bikes do it on a daily basis but not cars. But as I said I don't have a problem with bikes doing it if the pelican crossing is clear.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Seriously? This is where it's all wrong . Somehow if you get annoyed & shout some rude words you deserve to be assaulted. As previously mentioned, that should be left in the playground.

I never said he deserved to be assaulted, I said he cannot complain about it.

The cyclist had a few options and he chose to be abusive and confront the motorist, bad choice in my opinion

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I have voted team car. Ok the driver shouldn't have gone into the cyclists zone but the cyclist chased after the car and was determined to have it out with the driver over a simple matter which should have been ignored. Cyclists often block the road by several riding next to each other and so slow all the traffic down, and I was called an effing bitch when a cyclist went through a red light and almost knocked into me when I was crossing the road.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Firstly, I didn’t say the left hand lane should go faster on a roundabout, I said if you are turning right at a roundabout you have to go slower. If you are going to play this game at least quote me properly.

If you really want to go into this deeper though there are many different types and sizes of roundabouts and they should all be approached and exited with good judgment and dealt with accordingly on an individual basis. You are welcome to post an image of the roundabout in question and we can discuss this further?

Also, if someone is indicating to turn right you can overtake them on the left.

And if you didn’t consider yourself too close, and you were turning right anyway, it cannot be described as being cut up unless you were actually tailgating in the first place.

:facepalm:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I have never seen a car deliberately go through a red at a pelican crossing so I don't see it as a problem let alone my problem???

That's because the majority of car drivers are law abiding people, unlike a large number of cyclist that continually ride dangerously through red lights. It's not such much as they do it, but the fact they don't see what is wrong with doing it, or the dangers of it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
That's because the majority of car drivers are law abiding people, unlike a large number of cyclist that continually ride dangerously through red lights. It's not such much as they do it, but the fact they don't see what is wrong with doing it, or the dangers of it.

Apart from those car drivers who exceed the speed limit of course.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Apart from those car drivers who exceed the speed limit of course.

And park illegally. Change lanes/turn corners/etc. without indicating. Drive without wearing seatbelts. Make illegal turns. Drive through red lights. Drive while over the legal blood alcohol limit. Drive while texting/talking on phone/doing make up/eating. Drive up on pavements because the road is too narrow for two cars to pass, and both cars refuse to back up. Drive without insurance. Drive without MOT. Drive without tax. Drive without a licence. Drive in vehicles that are not road-worthy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here