Road rage video. Which side are you on - Team Bike or Team car?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team Bike or Team Car?

• Team Bike

Votes: 85 41.9%
  • Team Car

Votes: 118 58.1%

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Really, you think his behaviour is acceptable?

In an ideal world no, but as the cyclist stated himself there was an altercation earlier leading up to this for the driver to retaliate like this then there was provocation.
Do you think the cyclist behaviour that caused the reaction was acceptable?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
In an ideal world no, but as the cyclist stated himself there was an altercation earlier leading up to this for the driver to retaliate like this then there was provocation.
Do you think the cyclist behaviour that caused the reaction was acceptable?

What did he do to provoke this reaction? He stated there was a verbal altercation previously. He neither said it was foul mouthed nor did he say he intended to provoke trouble.

You've just decided he was in the wrong because he is a cyclist.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
What did he do to provoke this reaction? He stated there was a verbal altercation previously. He neither said it was foul mouthed nor did he say he intended to provoke trouble.

You've just decided he was in the wrong because he is a cyclist.

I think it was clear by the drivers question "am I a wanker" repeatedly that the cyclist called him a wanker at the earlier altercation and this is what provoke the driver.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Am I a wanker or not? Yes, yes you clearly are.

Shame the cyclist did not have the conviction to say it again as its clear that's what he had called him in the earlier confrontation.
When given the opportunity to repeat it he bottled it.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Love the way in the argus comments and on here that people are presented with real evidence (video footage of car driver assaulting cyclist) and are then using non evidence ("cyclist must have provoked...") to justify this bellends unacceptable behaviour. Such commentators are as mad as the Jag driver! Through the book at him, precisely why so many have cameras on their helmets. Bloke would deny did or said anything otherwise. Driver not only stupid enough to get himself taped. Stupid enough to lose self control. What if he'd swung, cyclist falls into path of oncoming car and tonight kids are grieving loss of their dad because of this prick? He'd only get 2 years and be pleading he's never done anything of that kind before, it was just an accident, didn't mean to KILL the cyclist blah blah.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think it was clear by the drivers question "am I a wanker" repeatedly that the cyclist called him a wanker at the earlier altercation and this is what provoke the driver.

Hmmm... Fair enough, but being called a wanker does not justify his reaction.

Did the driver do anything, in the first instance, to justify being called a wanker? We don't know that.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Shame the cyclist did not have the conviction to say it again as its clear that's what he had called him in the earlier confrontation.

Yer, cyclist totally in the wrong for not calling driver a wanker, getting off his bike and flooring the car driver before spitting on him like a proper man and leaving him as carrion by the roadside and thereafter continuing his leisurely journey...

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

it's not a shame at all, the cyclist was trying to do the right thing and calm the situation down.

Because of course the worst thing in the video is the cyclist being seen as a 'bottler'? Some people left that shit behind on the playground

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Did the driver do anything, in the first instance, to justify being called a wanker? We don't know that.

I wonder if he kicks off like that every time someone calls him a wanker? My guess is he would spend a lot of time shouting and screaming.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
As I was typing away in the most recent "festival for gays, why isnt there a festival for straights" thread I was thinking it has been a good few weeks since we had one of these threads. I cannot be bothered to read it so can someone tell me how many posts in it took for someone to mention that cyclists do not pay road tax? and how many further posts it took before someone pointed out that we all pay for the roads as it comes from central government. I'll add my bit "No one give a **** about cycling on the pavements/red lights etc etc in Germany" Are we done now as I'd like to move onto the racism thread?
I agree Germany has a much better cycle network but still half of Germans feel unsafe cycling according to this
http://blog.zeit.de/fahrrad/2014/03/10/jeder-zweite-fuhlt-sich-auf-dem-rad-nicht-sicher/

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Team car. If the bike goon had pulled up and moved across the front of my car like that I would have been pissed off. I hadn't realised it was the passenger who punched the hippy so agree that was a bit low. Still funny though, mouthy git. Whilst talking about it, why do cyclists insist on holding up traffic on the seafront when they have a perfectly good, dedicated cycle lane about 5ft away? Selfish wankers I say...

I drive or cycle along brighton seafront most days and have only ever been held up by the sheer volume of cars, lorry's or delivery vans.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Not disagreeing with you, I was just answering your question "What did he do to provoke this reaction?".
You calling me a wanker?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports