Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Road rage video. Which side are you on - Team Bike or Team car?

Team Bike or Team Car?

• Team Bike

Votes: 85 41.9%
  • Team Car

Votes: 118 58.1%

• Total voters

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Anyone who has a white Audi = chav. Out of all the colours to choose, I know I'll go for the same as most vans... Why?!

White Audi A3 :wave:

Because on my car options at work I have X amount of money available and the basic 3 colours are White, Red and a wishy washy Blue. If you want anything else it costs extra because it's metalic or pearlescent. After the value of the car I chose to spend the remaining money on a better stereo leaving me the basic colours to choose from. Of those the blue is horrible, I can't have red because it's too close to pal**e colours leaving me only 1 option.................

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
White Audi A3 :wave:

Because on my car options at work I have X amount of money available and the basic 3 colours are White, Read and a wishy washy Blue. If you want anything else it costs extra because it's metalic or pearlescent. After the value of the car I chose to spend the remaining money on a better stereo leaving me the basic colours to choose from. Of those the blue is horrible, I can't have red because it's too close to pal**e colours leaving me only 1 option.................

You could have got another job with better car options :wink:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm starting to think the same thing! If I try a bit harder I could probably get a job that lets me have a beamer, then I could really be an ******** to everyone on the roads!

I was going to say where the car allowance was enough for you to get something more classy, but i can see i'm banging my head against a brick wall :D

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Having been knocked off my bike and put on crutches/stick recently for a while by cretins who not only parked in the cycle lane but then opened their door in front of me.....if you go in the designated cycle area you are in the wrong, end of, so team bike.
Having said that, I drive about 15,000 miles a year and cycle a hell of a lot too and can bear witness to the fact that there are absolute idiots on both sides - the MAJORITY of cyclists go through red lights in Brighton and that is plain stupid.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I'm starting to think the same thing! If I try a bit harder I could probably get a job that lets me have a beamer, then I could really be an ******** to everyone on the roads!

I have recently got a white BMW via the company car scheme. I now notice that (a) No-one ever lets me out at junctions. Ever. (b) I am presumed to have started my own drug dealing business or everyone thinks I'm having a mid life crisis. I'm tempted to get dark windows and a smoke machine in the back to keep up the drug dealing image - If you get a reputation, you may as well live up to it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am going to admit right now, I have an Audi A6 3.2ltr beast....................' with the AUDI driver here on this thread'...... Come on lycra louts change the vote by voting! Lets see how you do.
Oh and my 3.2 is petrol for even more response and performance. I love it, dominating car.
You'll never get me to downsize or get 'public transport', stinky public filth!
Vote away.
I love being a provocative barsteward!

I have a theory about people who self-style themselves in this manner.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Having been knocked off my bike and put on crutches/stick recently for a while by cretins who not only parked in the cycle lane but then opened their door in front of me.....if you go in the designated cycle area you are in the wrong, end of, so team bike.
Having said that, I drive about 15,000 miles a year and cycle a hell of a lot too and can bear witness to the fact that there are absolute idiots on both sides - the MAJORITY of cyclists go through red lights in Brighton and that is plain stupid.

There are a variety of reasons that some cyclists 'mis-use' road infrastructure. Some of it is impatience, some of it is due to safety concerns, but most of it is because the infrastructure is wrong. Most roads are currently designed with motor traffic in mind, and any cycle provision is added as an after-thought where it's convenient to motor traffic, not the bike rider. Cities should be designed around people, not traffic.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There are a variety of reasons that some cyclists 'mis-use' road infrastructure. Some of it is impatience, some of it is due to safety concerns, but most of it is because the infrastructure is wrong. Most roads are currently designed with motor traffic in mind, and any cycle provision is added as an after-thought where it's convenient to motor traffic, not the bike rider. Cities should be designed around people, not traffic.

Very true.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Some of it is impatience.

I think impatience is the root cause of 90% of the problems on the road among both cyclists and drivers. Everybody is in a hurry these days and has to knock 15 seconds off every journey. Overlooking the fact that the stress this causes is probably knocking a few hours off their lives...

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Car for me........... Some of these cyclists are self righteous zealots. Obviously the rules do not apply at traffic lights for our two wheeled "friends" BTW I have a car and a bike :)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
you're not going to get this excuse for driving too close to a cyclist too many times!

Monty Python anyone!?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Sounds like the cyclist was giving the big un when at a junction and bottled it when confronted.
Ok the guy should'nt have swung at him but apart from that was just standing his ground after being "allegidly" being abused by the cyclist previously.
I only say allegidly as we didn't see it, but the driver would not have parked up and waited for him if nothing previously happened.

Team car for me on this one.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Sounds like the cyclist was giving the big un when at a junction and bottled it when confronted.
Ok the guy should'nt have swung at him but apart from that was just standing his ground after being "allegidly" being abused by the cyclist previously.
I only say allegidly as we didn't see it, but the driver would not have parked up and waited for him if nothing previously happened.

Team car for me on this one.

Really, you think his behaviour is acceptable?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here