Road rage video. Which side are you on - Team Bike or Team car?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team Bike or Team Car?

• Team Bike

Votes: 85 41.9%
  • Team Car

Votes: 118 58.1%

• Total voters

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Both were as bad as each other, though the initial reaction if the car (when it advanced into the cycle lane) provoked the future actions of the cyclist. So it's his fault, but both overreacted.

Snuzzzz..........................The poor cyclist! Both overreacted? Who peddled furiously to chase whom?????

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I know I am being provocative but, we have a very healthy thread called 'cycling geeks'. Many people are quite rightly enthusiastic bikers. Where are they in this debate? Huge exposure on that thread but silence from most of them on this! Come on cyclists admit when you are sometimes culpable!

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Snuzzzz..........................The poor cyclist! Both overreacted? Who peddled furiously to chase whom?????

Who decided to creep forward into a cycle zone to get slightly ahead of traffic? Who jumped out of their car looking for a fight?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Who decided to creep forward into a cycle zone to get slightly ahead of traffic? Who jumped out of their car looking for a fight?

Oh, you self empowered cycle zone warrior! Just have to love you. You can't have seen the vid! You bang on my car calling me a 'F***ing P**ck I'll whack you too! It's a red rag to a bull. You condone an idiot busting his lungs furiously to catch up to do that do you? Don't know what to say really. Duffer springs to mind!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I have just had to just pop out quickly to the garage and saw two cyclists on the road without front lights, one of them was riding along the road as I was coming up to the junction and I natrually had to give way.

What did I do?

a) Shout wheres your f...... lights you ....t that's illegal whilst giving rude hand signals.

or

b) Continue on my way.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Oh, you self empowered cycle zone warrior! Just have to love you. You can't have seen the vid! You bang on my car calling me a 'F***ing P**ck I'll whack you too! It's a red rag to a bull. You condone an idiot busting his lungs furiously to catch up to do that do you? Don't know what to say really. Duffer springs to mind!

So you're denying what happened at 20 seconds in? That's cool, I guess.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I am going to admit right now, I have an Audi A6 3.2ltr beast....................' with the AUDI driver here on this thread'...... Come on lycra louts change the vote by voting! Lets see how you do.
Oh and my 3.2 is petrol for even more response and performance. I love it, dominating car.
You'll never get me to downsize or get 'public transport', stinky public filth!
Vote away.
I love being a provocative barsteward!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I have just had to just pop out quickly to the garage and saw two cyclists on the road without front lights, one of them was riding along the road as I was coming up to the junction and I natrually had to give way.

What did I do?

a) Shout wheres your f...... lights you ....t that's illegal whilst giving rude hand signals.

or

b) Continue on my way.

I was crossing the road in Lewes Road Brighton one night after a home match at the Amex, this was at a pedestrian crossing and I had the signal to cross, as I stepped Into the road a cyclist with no lights nearly ran me over, I did shout "lights and crossing" at him but he was in such a hurry he stopped his bike and wanted a fight.
I told him to disappear politely :rant: and nothing came of it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I am going to admit right now, I have an Audi A6 3.2ltr beast....................' with the AUDI driver here on this thread'...... Come on lycra louts change the vote by voting! Lets see how you do.
Oh and my 3.2 is petrol for even more response and performance. I love it, dominating car.
You'll never get me to downsize or get 'public transport', stinky public filth!
Vote away.
I love being a provocative barsteward!

You're not being provocative, you're just being irrational. Why are you so desperate to have them come in and stand up for the cyclist? As so many people have said in this thread (even those of us who cycle), the cyclist was wrong for chasing him down and effing and jeffing at him. Neither the driver who illegally encroached into the ASL, nor the cyclist who aggressively instigated a confrontation come out of this with any glory.

People are looking at this incident and judging it on its own merits, rather than ignorantly sticking to a point of view just because it's the ol' bike v car debate.

People coming in and sticking up for a cyclist whose actions started a fight, just because they are also cyclists is bad, it's a poor argument, and doesn't lead to a proper discussion of the rights and wrongs of the incident. It creates an infantile "I know you are, but what am I?"/"No you stink" type of debate where no one pays any attention to what actually happened.

StatBrother, one of the main contributors to that cycling thread has posted in this thread, and said pretty much what I said above. He also mentioned that they covered this video in that thread, re-stating his position that his sympathies are with the passenger of the car.

Are you just desperate for them to tilt the poll in cyclists' favour so that you can re-state your (in my experience so very wrong) claim that "Car hits Bike, Driver automatically bad driver! Never mind the truth." - something currently being disproven by this poll?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Although I can't stand the f****ing things, team bike at first, but then team car as the stupid bike t**t should have let it go, as team car was in correct position at next junction.
As for the shoving, if you can't take it don't give it.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
No. The bike rider was a bit of a cock but for me it is a no brainer.

To be fair he was more than "a bit of a cock", its was his action that instigated the whole event.
Always makes me chuckle when any vote on here that doesn't go with your thinking is ever rigged or can only happen on NSC.

Would have thought the vote gap would have been wider but on the whole a pretty good reelection of society's thinking in my opinion.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
There's a huge difference between being called a nasty word and being punched in the face. Neither are acceptable, but the 2nd is always worse. Absolutely no need for violence in this (or pretty much any) situation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports