Road rage video. Which side are you on - Team Bike or Team car?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team Bike or Team Car?

• Team Bike

Votes: 85 41.9%
  • Team Car

Votes: 118 58.1%

• Total voters

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Ok question to you, why was THAT cyclist in that position in the box?
I accept the car driver makes an incorrect decision after that cyclist turns up, the other cyclists at the start if the video are happy to keep left, I'm missing the point here.

Cyclists can be anywhere in that box, left side or right. The idea of the box is to allow cyclists to get away ahead of motorised traffic. How did the idiot in the Audi not know that the cyclist wasn't originally wanting to turn right, hence his position?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Cyclists can be anywhere in that box, left side or right. The idea of the box is to allow cyclists to get away ahead of motorised traffic. How did the idiot in the Audi not know that the cyclist wasn't originally wanting to turn right, hence his position?

Because he never raised his arm to indicate it! Jeez

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
All the driver did was line up his car ready to overtake the cyclist for when the lights went green.

He did not aggressively squeeze up against the cyclist and there was plenty of room to put himself in a safe overtaking position as cars will always pully away faster from a standing start than a bike.

Motorbikes pull away faster than cars, and I give them space to do so and I don't get all arsey if they squeeze ahead of the queue and sit in front of me at lights.

carbike.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
https://www.gov.uk/using-the-road-159-to-203/road-junctions-170-to-183

Advanced stop lines. Some signal-controlled junctions have advanced stop lines to allow cycles to be positioned ahead of other traffic. Motorists, including motorcyclists, MUST stop at the first white line reached if the lights are amber or red and should avoid blocking the way or encroaching on the marked area at other times, e.g. if the junction ahead is blocked. If your vehicle has proceeded over the first white line at the time that the signal goes red, you MUST stop at the second white line, even if your vehicle is in the marked area. Allow cyclists time and space to move off when the green signal shows.
Laws RTA 1988 sect 36 & TSRGD regs 10, 36(1) & 43(2)​

See also: http://content.met.police.uk/Article/Advanced-Stop-Lines/1400018009433/1400018009433

It doesn't matter how much space he gave them, he advanced into the box, illegally, he then failed to allow the cyclists time and space to move off.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ok question to you, why was THAT cyclist in that position in the box?
I accept the car driver makes an incorrect decision after that cyclist turns up, the other cyclists at the start if the video are happy to keep left, I'm missing the point here.

"Incorrect decision". No, a flagrant breach of the law, and he knew it. The deliberately stopping in a zone he was not permitted to be in and the speeding into the distance in an urban environment with pedestrians and other road users about exposed the tw*t mentality of the Audi driver. It's not just a bike vs car incident; that's the kind of driver that causes injury or worse to other road users, and there's an awful lot of his knuckle-dragging type on the UK roads.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
There is no road to turn right into :lolol:
True enough, however if you indicate your intentions all the better, The cyclist indicated HIS intentions all too well. It's obvious. Then he CHASED him!.......lmfao. Really...... I can't blame the AUDI passenger.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
So you expect a cyclist to stand there for the duration of a red light with arm out? Jeez! I'll wager you're a big fan of Top Gear and have never ridden a bike.

Incorrect Monkey. You should be in the lab!

I expect the rules of the road to be obeyed by ALL road users. Not when it suits some!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Incorrect Monkey. You should be in the lab!

I expect the rules of the road to be obeyed by ALL road users. Not when it suits some!

Yep, and the rule of the road is that cars or motorbikes (or Harley Davidsons) should not encroach on the cycle box. End of argument.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

100 points sir, I was waiting for that answer.

There is NO right turn, it's blocked off by the hoarding.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Yep, and the rule of the road is that cars or motorbikes (or Harley Davidsons) should not encroach on the cycle box. End of argument.

you cannot alone end the argument! deluded fool. get voting if you think you can change the opinion vote. Some cyclists are exemplary, MOST are f***king idiots! Those that are exemplary ALSO condemn those that are not! The prat (in the video) wanted a confrontation and got a whack! He deserved it, the poll says so! Can I say 'Ya ya, ya ya, ya? I guess not. Your Lycra ass is gonna be offended.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
you cannot alone end the argument! deluded fool. get voting if you think you can change the opinion vote. Some cyclists are exemplary, MOST are f***king idiots! Those that are exemplary ALSO condemn those that are not! The prat (in the video) wanted a confrontation and got a whack! He deserved it, the poll says so! Can I say 'Ya ya, ya ya, ya? I guess not. Your Lycra ass is gonna be offended.

MOST cyclists are ******* ******? Driving around Brighton and Sussex, and sometimes in London, I would say there are quite a few poor cyclists, with a greater percentage in the ridiculous dog-eat-dog chaos of central London. But the amount of crap, dangerous, mobile-phone fiddling, speeding, sign-disobeying drivers ....is simply vast.

Deserved a whack - the straw pole of mainly drivers predictably back the car driver, but only a few like yourself would condone the driver's violence. Says alot.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I'm going to go further. I think ALL road users should be taxed for using the roads. All should be accountable through registration and license. All should display identifiable marks so as to prosecute them. Finally ALL should be insured for damage and public liablity.

Gullyball

Sep 21, 2013
Timbuktu
Haven't laughed so much for ages. I cycle to work and back every day and there's nothing worse than lycra evangelists. That knob had it coming. You wouldn't walk up to anyone in the street and give them that kind of abuse without expecting a smack in the gob.
He got it...hilarious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports