Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] RN SSBN Bomber Patrols

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Only boat I served on was intrepid (6th assault squadron RM) 1981-1983
It was a hobby of ours winding jack up by using terms like kitchen, toilets, floors and ceilings etc and seeing them get cross at our non use of nautical terms.
I did have a very brief stay on the old ark royal as apparat of queens guard for her silver jubilee at Spithead, where she spoke to me and I called her SIR. Gen dit

Ooh a Royal, what instrument did you play?:smile:

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
No I was a Greenie but it didn't matter what branch you were on there you all did QM Duties as well as pipe Brittania when she went passed us.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

A watchkeeping greenie is quite difficult to imagine, but fair play to you, whistling with a pipe, again fair play. my older brother was a dabber (rp) and he taught me the bosuns call.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Only boat I served on was intrepid (6th assault squadron RM) 1981-1983
It was a hobby of ours winding jack up by using terms like kitchen, toilets, floors and ceilings etc and seeing them get cross at our non use of nautical terms.
I did have a very brief stay on the old ark royal as apparat of queens guard for her silver jubilee at Spithead, where she spoke to me and I called her SIR. Gen dit

Similar tactic used by WAFU’s when embarked forces. My favourite was referring to the Stern as the ‘arse end’. childish I know but when you are roped into helping the ships Gunners move crap around it makes the time go faster .... Gunners..... a very strange breed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here