Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RMT Strike

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
This is the point that BA strikers seem to forget, unlike the trains there are plenty of other airlines who can take you.

Me too.
Sort it out Brown for fooks sake. Do you know what, I really dont even care how valid their cause is. In tough times like these they get nowt support from me.

You might care how valid their cause is when you're on a train that crashes because maintenance on the track has not been done!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I could do the same but as a two fingered salute to Bob Crowe and his members I'd rather make the effort and go in.

What's the parking like at East Grinstead or Three Bridges like?

Three Bridges plenty of on street near the station but I fear everyone may have the same idea..!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You might care how valid their cause is when you're on a train that crashes because maintenance on the track has not been done!

Yes but taking more money out of the system is hardly going to help is it ? The fact is these people know they can hold the country to ransome.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
This is a bit puzzling. In recent years the RMT have called strike action ( which by pure coincidence has been ) when England have been playing important international matches. So, why haven't they waited until the World Cup this time ?

:shrug: :shrug: :whistle:

Last edited:

VeronaSeagull

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I'm always amused at how RMT strikes always come just before or after bank holidays! Do they just do it so their members can have a bit of extra holiday?

In all honesty I think this strike is a disgrace, the rail obudsmen has already stated that the cuts and changes Network Rail is making do not pose a risk to safety standards, however they can bring the rail network to a standstill.

BA cabin crew are shooting themselves in the foot as they are just forcing customers to go to competitors and forcing BA's hand with further cuts.

Yes but taking more money out of the system is hardly going to help is it ? The fact is these people know they can hold the country to ransome.

I agree and that is partly due to us having a private/nationalised rail system, private rail companies fining a nationalised rail track operator because of the proposed strikes. How else are the unions supposed to stop these job cuts that Network Rail is proposing then? They haven't just called the strike for the sake of it, I get the impression that Network Rail don't want to talk to the unions.

This is taken off the RMT site so it is obviously biased so you can make up your own mind if you want to believe it or not:

RMT Policy

· A moratorium on redundancies in the rail industry pending urgent industry wide and government discussions to put in plan a programme for our railways to provide a green stimulus to the economy to help fight the economic downturn

· National consultation with the union on the safety implications of the job cuts. No cuts that will endanger the safety of passengers and workers.

· No compulsory redundancies

Now this hardly looks like a militant union hell bent on disruption just for the sake of it does it?

Last edited:

I'm always amused at how RMT strikes always come just before or after bank holidays! Do they just do it so their members can have a bit of extra holiday?

In all honesty I think this strike is a disgrace, the rail obudsmen has already stated that the cuts and changes Network Rail is making do not pose a risk to safety standards, however they can bring the rail network to a standstill.

BA cabin crew are shooting themselves in the foot as they are just forcing customers to go to competitors and forcing BA's hand with further cuts.

Is this is the same ORR (Office of Rail Regulation) that acts as the safety regulator? The organisation that in part determined the cuts.

I thought a regulator was supposed to be independent and objective?

VeronaSeagull

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Is this is the same ORR (Office of Rail Regulation) that acts as the safety regulator? The organisation that in part determined the cuts.

I thought a regulator was supposed to be independent and objective?

It probably is, not entirely sure! In all honesty the problems behind this lie in privatising the rail infrastructure, I just get frustrated at basically using the general public and millions who commute daily as a bargaining tool.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Voice of reason

bob-crow.jpg

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Going to park at Gatwick here and get the train! East Midlands don't anticipate any problems running their mainline trains. Just means my company have to pay for another 2 nights in a hotel as my train is quite early going out and late coming back

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here