(Riverside) Mike Dean

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
It didn't exactly derail their promotion, did it?

Has it derailed ours? As far as I'm aware we're still in it with a squad full of players, and two games to play.
Please tell me the result of the next 2 games, and would appreciate it if you can give me a few of the winning numbers on the euro lottery this Friday.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Bless, think you replied to my post first???

I don't have to swim with the tide to be popular.
opposition fans having a look at this board over the last few days must be p!ssing themselves at the binfest that's continuing with this " poor us"attitude, we've been robbed etc.
Who knows what would have happened if Stevens hadn't got sent off? Who knows what will happen in the next 2 games if his ban had been overturned. It doesn't all hinge on THAT decision, does it? so let's all move on and stop wallowing in self pity.

What is it with NSC these days ?

Always worried about what opposition fans think ?

Are we a bunch of NARCISSISTS always obsessed about how others view us ?

Christ, and that's on top of all the CRINGING and EMBARRASSMENT that goes on on a daily basis.

Get a grip NSC, it's not a global photo opportunity.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But, if the referee had done his job, Barton would have been sent off long before that. And, whatever they might claim, they wouldn't have pushed forward and scored another goal a few minutes later, which they ended up doing when the goal was disallowed. It would still have ended 2-2
You're wrong Finchley. If Barton had been sent off they wouldn't have had the 'goal that wasn't' as Barton played the ball forward for that attack. So it wouldn't have ended 2-2, we'd have been a goal up against 10 men and almost certainly won the game.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
You're wrong Finchley. If Barton had been sent off they wouldn't have had the 'goal that wasn't' as Barton played the ball forward for that attack. So it wouldn't have ended 2-2, we'd have been a goal up against 10 men and almost certainly won the game.

Sorry, may have not been clear, my post was two separate points. One that Barton should have been sent off anyway. And two, as Barton didn't get sent off, disallowing the goal made no difference as they wouldn't have pushed on and got the goal that was allowed if the first had counted. Basically, Burnley defended the whole game and offered nothing when the game was a draw.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
That may have influenced ONE game.

Riverside Mike has influenced 3 or 4.

If we had lost that game 2-3 then the game on saturday wouldnt have mattered would it?

Have you any idea whats going to happen on Friday/ Monday? no you haven't.

What if Sidwell, if he is the replacement, pops up in the last minute and bangs one in ala Forest and that takes us to Wembley, would you still feel the same.

my point is , sh!t happens as it has all season so deal with it and move on.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If we had lost that game 2-3 then the game on saturday wouldnt have mattered would it?

Have you any idea whats going to happen on Friday/ Monday? no you haven't.

What if Sidwell, if he is the replacement, pops up in the last minute and bangs one in ala Forest and that takes us to Wembley, would you still feel the same.

my point is , sh!t happens as it has all season so deal with it and move on.
Your first point here isn't quite right, but the overall post is a good one.

Dealt with.

On to Hillsbrough.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I hope every fan in attendance at Swansea makes the effort to give him the abuse he deserves. Never forget.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports