Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

(Riverside) Mike Dean

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Just let it go now eh? Nothing's gonna change it.

let it go
you are joking ................you must be
we have been cheated out of the chance to go up, not only by one of the Boro players but an incompedant ref, maybe you have not been an Albion supporter for that long.
maybe also you should look at your own signature.
you are right nothing is going to change .........................but let it go .................NO way

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
let it go
you are joking ................you must be
we have been cheated out of the chance to go up, not only by one of the Boro players but an incompedant ref, maybe you have not been an Albion supporter for that long.
maybe also you should look at your own signature.
you are right nothing is going to change .........................but let it go .................NO way

No we have not been cheated at all, what's the point of being bitter. Your world champ at that!

What about all the other factors through the season that could have got us promoted? But a few on here looking for the usual villain/ scapegoat to blame, you sure it wasn't Cameron??
Suggest you read Eckhart Tolle's The power of Now, might enlighten you a bit and stop being so negative about everything.

Onwards and upwards, if we're gonna do it then we're do it the hard way, it's the Brighton way.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
No we have not been cheated at all, what's the point of being bitter. Your world champ at that!

What about all the other factors through the season that could have got us promoted? But a few on here looking for the usual villain/ scapegoat to blame, you sure it wasn't Cameron??
Suggest you read Eckhart Tolle's The power of Now, might enlighten you a bit and stop being so negative about everything.

Onwards and upwards, if we're gonna do it then we're do it the hard way, it's the Brighton way.

you are swimming against the tide yet again
read some of the threads on this board most are of the opinion we have been shafted yet again
negative I really do not think so!
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS
on nearly everyone of my posts
I do wish you would stop dipping in and out of threads it gives the perception of trolling or are you just stalking ME
look at the posts straight after your first post on this thread as I said swimming against the tide

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
All refs make mistakes. No problem with that. They're only human. What I can't stomach is the dishonesty of Dean in changing his story and ignoring the Uruguayan cheat's action in knocking the yellow card out of his hand.
And refs have the nerve to ask for more respect from fans. Sheffield born Pawson is also a cheat.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

I'm not against the argument usually that there are plenty of times points could have been won throughout a season and it's wrong to focus on one incident. But Saturday was effectively a cup final - and the team had worked extraordinarily hard to put themselves in that position. Circumstances had dictated that it was no longer just another match and everybody knew that including the officials.The least they should expect in a game of that magnitude is a referee who gives serious thought to gifting the opposition an unfair and possibly decisive advantage.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
you are swimming against the tide yet again
read some of the threads on this board most are of the opinion we have been shafted yet again
negative I really do not think so!
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS
on nearly everyone of my posts
I do wish you would stop dipping in and out of threads it gives the perception of trolling or are you just stalking ME
look at the posts straight after your first post on this thread as I said swimming against the tide

Bless, think you replied to my post first???

I don't have to swim with the tide to be popular.
opposition fans having a look at this board over the last few days must be p!ssing themselves at the binfest that's continuing with this " poor us"attitude, we've been robbed etc.
Who knows what would have happened if Stevens hadn't got sent off? Who knows what will happen in the next 2 games if his ban had been overturned. It doesn't all hinge on THAT decision, does it? so let's all move on and stop wallowing in self pity.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I'm not against the argument usually that there are plenty of times points could have been won throughout a season and it's wrong to focus on one incident. But Saturday was effectively a cup final - and the team had worked extraordinarily hard to put themselves in that position. Circumstances had dictated that it was no longer just another match and everybody knew that including the officials.The least they should expect in a game of that magnitude is a referee who gives serious thought to gifting the opposition an unfair and possibly decisive advantage.

Burnley had a goal against us that was disallowed , that was quite clearly a goal and was a game of that magnitude.
It happens to other teams as well you know?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

opposition fans having a look at this board over the last few days must be p!ssing themselves at the binfest that's continuing with this " poor us"attitude, we've been robbed etc.
Who knows what would have happened if Stevens hadn't got sent off? Who knows what will happen in the next 2 games if his ban had been overturned. It doesn't all hinge on THAT decision, does it? so let's all move on and stop wallowing in self pity.

We don't care what other fans think of us. That's their problem.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Burnley had a goal against us that was disallowed , that was quite clearly a goal and was a game of that magnitude.
That may have influenced ONE game.

Riverside Mike has influenced 3 or 4.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

That wasn't a game of the same magnitude as the outcome of that single match wasn't in itself decisive, unlike the game at The Riverside.... (ignoring the many other reasons to suspect that 'goal' would never have happened anyway if the officials had done their job properly in the first place).

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

But, if the referee had done his job, Barton would have been sent off long before that. And, whatever they might claim, they wouldn't have pushed forward and scored another goal a few minutes later, which they ended up doing when the goal was disallowed. It would still have ended 2-2

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

That may have influenced ONE game.

Riverside Mike has influenced 3 or 4.

It didn't exactly derail their promotion, did it?

That wasn't a game of the same magnitude as the outcome of that single match wasn't in itself decisive, unlike the game at The Riverside.... (ignoring the many other reasons to suspect that 'goal' would never have happened anyway if the officials had done their job properly in the first place).

But, if the referee had done his job, Barton would have been sent off long before that. And, whatever they might claim, they wouldn't have pushed forward and scored another goal a few minutes later, which they ended up doing when the goal was disallowed. It would still have ended 2-2

as I said against the tide

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I think what we've all learned from this is that it's now considered acceptable for referees to work on the balance of probabilities rather than to only give what they see. Mike Dean ignored the evidence of his own eyes that told him the challenge was perhaps reckless, but not excessive - then reversed that on the basis of the outcome. The bit in between those 2 decisions that changed the yellow to red is known as a "guess".

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

YOU EVEN GOT THAT WRONG
GO BACK AND CHECK
do you go looking for my posts, I am sure now that you must be a stalker

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I think what we've all learned from this is that it's now considered acceptable for referees to work on the balance of probabilities rather than to only give what they see. Mike Dean ignored the evidence of his own eyes that told him the challenge was perhaps reckless, but not excessive - then reversed that on the basis of the outcome. The bit in between those 2 decisions that changed the yellow to red is known as a "guess".

referee's are there to make sure the rules are adhered to, no more no less

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Oh yeah, right tsunami of drama queens .

now you really are beginning to sound like a palace troll

do you actually read any of the other threads on this board or do you just come looking for me
flattered as I am I would kindly ask you to bugger off and worry someone else

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

My apologies, I forgot you think your the voice piece for every Brighton fan

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here