You cheeky chappy ! I thought Vera Lynn had died :wink:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"Has anyone got any Vera's?"

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

To be fair you don’t find many 78 year old coppers still active in the UK.

Very enjoyable Sunday evening viewing.

No doubt ITV 4 awaits.
The thing that really concerns me is you read the Daily Mail 🫣

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can't believe Brenda Blethyn is 78. It seems like only yesterday she was stripping down to her undies in 'Chance In A Million'

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The accent is appalling.
Yet people I know that live in Northumberland who say it is very good.

I must admit when I read the thread title, I thought Brenda had died, and was temporarily upset. She was a brilliant Mrs Bennet in a version of Pride and Prejudice. I'm surprised the Mail has only just caught up. In January 2024, it was confirmed that the show has been renewed for a fourteenth series. It was then announced that the series, to air in early 2025, would be the show's last.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yet people I know that live in Northumberland who say it is very good.

I must admit when I read the thread title, I thought Brenda had died, and was temporarily upset. She was a brilliant Mrs Bennet in a version of Pride and Prejudice. I'm surprised the Mail has only just caught up. In January 2024, it was confirmed that the show has been renewed for a fourteenth series. It was then announced that the series, to air in early 2025, would be the show's last.
If I thought it said Brenda I would have immediately thought that Private Eye were spoofing again. She's long gone to join Yvonne, and left Brian in charge :wink:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well I always loved Vera so I'm saddened by this. I hope they do a "young Vera" like they did with Morse.

Morse of course used to be outstanding until everyone realised what a great A tosser Lawrence Fox was.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Well I always loved Vera so I'm saddened by this. I hope they do a "young Vera" like they did with Morse.

Morse of course used to be outstanding until everyone realised what a great A tosser Lawrence Fox was.
Lawrence Fox was Kevin Whately’s Lewis’s 2IC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here