Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Rip Terry Boyle

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It would seem that some people like to give the impression that they have a dark side and it gives their life a bit of an edge if they “mix” with criminals. Not sure why.

Although jailed for 4 years in 2017 he was frequenting 1901 Club this year

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
It would seem that some people like to give the impression that they have a dark side and it gives their life a bit of an edge if they “mix” with criminals. Not sure why.

Although jailed for 4 years in 2017 he was frequenting 1901 Club this year

Not really, I mix with Vicars, Publicans, Builders, Bank Managers and many other people from other walks of life, my life is full of flaws but like most others I try to find the good in everyone.

Terry wasn’t perfect and he’d be the first to admit it, I just don’t like this holier than thou attitude from some.

Regardless of what he did in life the man’s sadly passed away, he was an Albion fan, members of his family post on here, there has to be boundaries in situations like this.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
You’re so lucky to have such a wonderful friends group, are the Vienna Boys Choir still touring?

Seriously Clive, none of us are perfect, the man’s dead, frankly you should show a little bit more respect, I have absolutely no respect for criminals alive or dead. You are coming across as a minor celebrity tosser.

Just because you were friends with him does not give you the right to tell me to respect him. Get a grip.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
...are the Vienna Boys Choir still touring?

The great news is that there's 2 concerts booked for later this year - Palm Desert, California (23rd November) and Bremen (10th December).

Tickets start at a very reasonable 36 Euros for the Bremen concert.

An ideal Christmas treat.

https://www.ticketmaster.de/event/wiener-sangerknaben-weihnachtskonzert-tickets/379961?clickId=Rw31xGRTBxyOT0jwUx0Mo3EUUkiz88Wdn3Sqxw0&irgwc=1&utm_source=1234554-Songkick&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=1234554

vbc.jpg

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The great news is that there's 2 concerts booked for later this year - Palm Desert, California (23rd November) and Bremen (10th December).

Tickets start at a very reasonable 36 Euros for the Bremen concert.

An ideal Christmas treat.

Not entirely sure if that's my type of thing. Do they do really hard stuff, like robbing old ladies?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not really, I mix with Vicars, Publicans, Builders, Bank Managers and many other people from other walks of life, my life is full of flaws but like most others I try to find the good in everyone.

Terry wasn’t perfect and he’d be the first to admit it, I just don’t like this holier than thou attitude from some.

Regardless of what he did in life the man’s sadly passed away, he was an Albion fan, members of his family post on here, there has to be boundaries in situations like this.

That’s fair enough but I suspect you were half hoping for a reaction when you joined the thread.

Anyway. Not sure why Ivor Caplin got involved ��

How’s business?

Last edited:

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
That’s fair enough but I suspect you were half hoping for a reaction when you joined the thread.

How’s business?

I think Lenny's perspective is one of balance. Look around you when we next gather at the AMEX. Good, Bad, Ugly, a mixture of them all with lives lived out over decades, when often the mirror in the bathroom in the morning is not a comfortable place. But family endures as do extended families such as your personal Albion tribe. I would think now more than ever, we should perhaps limit our judgement to what we know...

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Not entirely sure if that's my type of thing. Do they do really hard stuff, like robbing old ladies?

I woudn't be at all surprised. Back in Austria, they're being raised in a den of Edel-vice.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I would think now more than ever, we should perhaps limit our judgement to what we know...

Precisely. I suppose it comes down to our personal interpretation of words like “colourful” and “character”, and our willingness to forgive and forget. Not always easy.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

How’s business?

No, I originally commented on HBZ original thread, because I liked Terry, like all of us there was a touch of marmite about him, and after the horrible stuff that appeared on here in the days after Caroline Flack took her own life I just asked if people didn’t have anything nice to say, not to say anything. (Little bit naive on my part)

I bought Caplin into the equation as I consider his conduct as part of the Blair government, including sending all those brave British servicemen and women to their needless deaths in an illegal war, is every bit as reprehensible as other misdemeanours alluded to on this thread.

In answer to your question, yes I am busy, my staff have been absolutely superb throughout the crisis in the most pressurised situation Ive known in 33 years of Funeral Directing.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
I wonder if his old swimming pool has cooled down yet?....ooops just seen above.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Was he somebody who in Liverpool would be described in the local media as a "well known local businessman"?

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Last met Terry about 20 years ago through my sister in law who was good friends with the family. Came across as a larger than life character even though I didn't know him that well.
Very sad news.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here