Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] RIP Stirling Moss

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
RIP Stirling Moss.
I am old enough to remember his crash at Goodwood all those years ago.
A real old fashioned hero to many of a certain age, including me.

Back in 1962 one of the boys in my class at Buckingham Road School in Shoreham got viral meningitis and was in hospital at the same time as Stirling Moss after his bad crash at Goodwood . He got a signed photo of him with Stirling which he brought into school to show us.
RIP Stirling.

D

Deleted member 2719

Never a fan of Moss, but his missus was nice and he did love motor racing, that I have know doubt.
So a sad day for the sport RIP.

A few younger Moss pictures at Utah in 1957 when he was chasing speed records with the MG EX181. Moss and Eyston 1957.jpgMoss.jpg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
A great driver and a true gentleman. As has already been said, it’s difficult to think of anyone better who hasn’t ever won a championship.

RIP

It's difficult to think of anyone still around who has!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Back in 1962 one of the boys in my class at Buckingham Road School in Shoreham got viral meningitis and was in hospital at the same time as Stirling Moss after his bad crash at Goodwood . He got a signed photo of him with Stirling which he brought into school to show us.
RIP Stirling.

Nice story.
I think Stirling was taken to the old Royal West Sussex Hospital in Chichester immediately after his crash.
Lovely old building that was converted to flats many years ago and it still looks good. It will always be the Royal West Sussex to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here