Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] RIP Sean Lock

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I've already commented on this thread but this one has really affected me. He's brought so much happiness to so many people that I feel really upset about his passing. Just like Ben's Grandad, this one hurts.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just a quick heads-up that Channel 4 have changed their schedule for tonight to include a tribute to Sean

IMG_20210819_071732.jpg

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
View attachment 139583

This was £4.99 yesterday. :tosser:

I just hope no one is daft enough to pay that.

There were so many messages on social media yesterday saying how great it is that there was bound to be a load of people who had never seen it trying to get hold of the DVD. Music Magpie have a couple of second hand copies for only £2.89, half the price I paid for it 10 years ago. You'd probably have to be quick. Its showing as the number one seller in DVDs on Amazon.

Youtube has 15 Minutes of Misery, the Radio 4 series that preceded it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Aj4yK3gVsg

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
There were so many messages on social media yesterday saying how great it is that there was bound to be a load of people who had never seen it trying to get hold of the DVD. Music Magpie have a couple of second hand copies for only £2.89, half the price I paid for it 10 years ago. You'd probably have to be quick. Its showing as the number one seller in DVDs on Amazon.

Youtube has 15 Minutes of Misery, the Radio 4 series that preceded it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Aj4yK3gVsg

I was one of them. Totally passed me by so thought I'd give it a go. I even tried to buy one of the used copies you mentioned on music magpie but was too slow.

Looks like most of the episodes are on youtube, I'll give it a go there. I'm certainly not paying £150 robbing ********!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I was one of them. Totally passed me by so thought I'd give it a go. I even tried to buy one of the used copies you mentioned on music magpie but was too slow.

Looks like most of the episodes are on youtube, I'll give it a go there. I'm certainly not paying £150 robbing ********!

If the BBC management had any idea about quality they would have made it available on the iplayer ages ago. It really didn't get the audience it deserved. Co-written with Lock's long term friend Mark Lamarr. The cutaways to other flats feature a host of cameos from a lot of people who went on to be some of the country's best comedy actors. I suppose we should be grateful for the small mercy that the BBC did issue a DVD, unlike Fist of Fun that Lee & Herring had to buy off them and TMWRNJ that they wanted a fortune for, but have never bothered making available since its first showing.

Channel 4 has done a far better job, making classic series like Black Books, Drop The Dead Donkey, Smack The Pony, The Adam & Joe Show and The Comic Strip all available for free on All 4. They've even got things like Jimmy Mulville's Blackadder influenced Chelmsford 123.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If the BBC management had any idea about quality they would have made it available on the iplayer ages ago. It really didn't get the audience it deserved. Co-written with Lock's long term friend Mark Lamarr. The cutaways to other flats feature a host of cameos from a lot of people who went on to be some of the country's best comedy actors. I suppose we should be grateful for the small mercy that the BBC did issue a DVD, unlike Fist of Fun that Lee & Herring had to buy off them and TMWRNJ that they wanted a fortune for, but have never bothered making available since its first showing.

Channel 4 has done a far better job, making classic series like Black Books, Drop The Dead Donkey, Smack The Pony, The Adam & Joe Show and The Comic Strip all available for free on All 4. They've even got things like Jimmy Mulville's Blackadder influenced Chelmsford 123.
Cracking show, Chelmsford 123.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Like everyone elseI am catching up with his best work now…… very funny man.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Sean Lock RIP used to love telling this
BARRY CRYER JOKE

A man walks into a pub and the landlord's astonished. Half of the man's head is half of a huge orange.

'So sorry to be nosey,' the landlord says, 'but why is half of your head half of a huge orange?'

'Well, I was cleaning up the loft,' the man says. 'And I found an old lamp. I polished it up, and a genie came swooping out of it, saying,

"May I grant you any three wishes, master?"'
'So I said, "I'd like to have a million pounds – and every time I take the million pounds out of my pocket, another million appears there."'

The genie said, 'Your wish is granted. And your second wish?'

The man says, 'I'd like a big house with 100 beautiful ladies in it.'

'Your wish is granted,' says the genie. 'And your third wish?'

'I'd like half my head to be half of a huge orange.'

Well I found it 😄

TNBA

TTF

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
15 storeys now back on iplayer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here