Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] RIP Robert Eaton

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
A rare recording from his time as a chorister at St Paul’s Cathedral. RIP Robert.

Spine tingling. Perfect (if thats the right word to use) music to sit and reflect on those awful events in 2001....even more poignant having one of our own, who was tragically lost that day, perform it.
I didn't know Robert, but listening to this has brought tears to my eyes....

Where has that time gone.....?

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
It's amazing to think how much my life has changed in those 17 years and to know that those who died will live forever as they were - undeniably sad.

I sometimes wonder what Robert would think of the Albion now. Life is constantly evolving & changing. I know this thread is from last year but I can’t believe it was 18 years ago. Put this on my social media this morning. I have visited the memorial to pay my respects & found it very humbling. It’s hard to imagine what really happened that day.

Thinking of Robert Eaton, his family and all those who lost their lives on 9/11. As a 15 year old I used to regularly use the message board North Stand Chat to keep up to date with everything Brighton related. Robert Eaton, a fellow Brighton fan, posted on there under the name of ‘Ricky Marlowe’s Hairpiece’. I watched the events unfold at a friends house after school. That morning I didn’t even know what the twin towers were. Over the next few days I learnt more about terrorism, New York, someone called Bin Laden than I had ever known in my life. It literally blew my mind. And also that Robert Eaton/Ricky Marlowe’s hairpiece had been working on the 96th floor of the North Tower and was missing. They never found him and all his family have is the 9/11 memorial. I honestly think 9/11 really did change the world that day. It certainly changed me.
fc3c717cee8240c9fb281b1a929064d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Published in one of the tabloids in New York today - RIP Robert

Eaton.JPG

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Can’t believe 18 years have passed...

RIP Robert

It felt odd today that, unlike in previous years, there was so little in the media about the anniversary. I guess there has to be a point where current events steadily transition into history, but there’s something about that which makes me feel really old. I was 16 then, I’m 34 now and I remember that day like no other in my life.

I hope I never see another like it in my lifetime, or that of my kids. RIP Robert.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here