Hove
RIP Robert Eaton

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Never knew you mate but you were an Albion fan and therefore a friend

RIP

Exactly and well said. My sentiments are the same. I found Robert's name on the list of those who had been lost when I visited Ground Zero in 2001 and shed a few tears in his honour.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I never knew you Robert, but it sounds as though you were a really nice bloke. Sleep well my blue and white friend, safe in the knowledge that NSC will never let us forget you.

RIP all tthe victims of this most hiddeous crime.

On this day of reflection, I am mindfull of something I read once,

"The only thing it is not possible for the human mind to comprehend is the size of the universe"

I can now disagree, I cannot comprehend what must have driven these people to do this.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Can't believe it's 10 years.

RIP Robert.
Spare a thought for all others involved too.
We will never forget.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
RIP Robert.

I do not know what happened to him. Was he killed instantly or was he one of those unfortunate enough to be thrown a lifeline, but unable to take it?
He was one of the first to die as he was on the 105th floor of the North tower as the first jet entered at around the 99th. His senses would have been stunned at the massive sound of the impact, with death occurring within seconds. I do not know if he was on the side of the building where the plane entered, but if he was, you can hardly imagine what might have gone through his mind when confronted with that devastating and incomprehensible spectacle.

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
RIP Robert Eaton.

The REMF is a testament to his memory and something that I hope continues for years in his name and is something to link our clubs together.

Amen to that my friend and thank you
first time I have seen a photo of Robert and now when anyone speaks about him I can conjure up an image
RIP Robert

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
What for me was erie was to go to earlier posts of that week of 9/11 and see the name Ricky Marlowe,s Hairpiece and we would never see it again :down: Never knew Robert but 9/11 makes the world a small place and everytime i hear or read about that day Robert is in my thoughts. May God Bless You.

Last edited:

Cheshire

Jul 20, 2003
1066 Country
NSC has been through many different stages, posters have come and gone and 10 years ago the board would have also been slightly different in format, but it is a part of the community that is Brighton & Hove Albion. So as Leebrokegull says - when all a sudden a poster's name who you would at times communicate with or see their user name in a thread disappears as if overnight and you realise it was because he worked in the twins towers on that fated day - it really hit home, and still does as we remember!

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Robert RIP. I'm glad that of all clubs, that Palace fans are involved in this. I dont hate Palace. Our keenest rivals that I would love to see lose week in and week out and lose 6-0 to us in a few weeks time. But hate them.........nah. Hate is what drove those deluded fools to kill Robert and 3000 plus others.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Ten years - amazing what things have come and gone in that time.
The REMF is a wonderful tribute to a man who'll never see those things - a young man who was making his way in a part of the world so far away from home. Never knew you mate but you were an Albion fan and therefore a friend RIP

---
I am here: Google Maps

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports