Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rip off gig tickets.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Just went to book some tickets for the Arctic Monkeys in Cardiff. Not a big fan but my mates from Sheffield are going so I thought it would be a good laugh. However I changed my mind when it turned out I would have to pay 32 quid for a just to see them:ohmy:

£25 for the ticket
£4 service charge
£3 booking fee.

What the f***.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Disgraceful, I suggest a Government enquiry

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Gig tickets are a rip off, especially if someone like Carling is promoting them. On top of ticket price/ postage/booking fees you have travel and overpriced venue food and drink.

Unless the Band is all time favourite I just can't be arsed anymore.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
turienzo's lovechild said:
whats the difference between a service charge and a booking fee? or are they both just stealth taxes

Thats what I couldn't work out.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
You know what really pisses me off - when you actually drive to the venue and go to the box office and get told you have to still pay a booking fee!! WTF - I mean ok so I can understand a credit card fee, maybe a service charge if they have to have people answering telephones - but the box office is the box office for g-ds sake!! :angry:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Les Biehn said:
However I changed my mind when it turned out I would have to pay 32 quid for a just to see them:ohmy:

£25 for the ticket
£4 service charge
£3 booking fee.

What the f***.

You obviously haven't booked gig tickets for a while - service/booking/postage charges have been a joke for years.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Re: Re: Rip off gig tickets.

Wozza said:
You obviously haven't booked gig tickets for a while - service/booking/postage charges have been a joke for years.

I have but they have never been that bad.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
i thought booking fee was the agents cost/profit..

adding a 'service' charge as well is just taing the p. never mind crazy post prices too.

strangely though, i sont see any other options being offered, to pay online, apart than credit cards? so probably another fee for that-

even though base tix price already has a good profit margin.. paid in ADVANCE, to earn interest too!

Last edited:

Innuendo

Apr 14, 2007
And I wouldn't care if it would have to involve 32 pounds if I had a chance to see Arctic Monkeys, Paul Weller, Katie Melua, Franz Ferdinand or Coldplay. They are the most interesting people in Great Britain :)

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Innuendo said:
And I wouldn't care if it would have to involve 32 pounds if I had a chance to see Arctic Monkeys, Paul Weller, Katie Melua, Franz Ferdinand or Coldplay. They are the most interesting people in Great Britain :)
paul weller with the jam was something else , but his solo career is shite! pebbles on the beach and you do something to me! i wouldnt pay 32pence! and that includes coldplay!

brightonbluenose

May 6, 2006
Les Biehn said:
Just went to book some tickets for the Arctic Monkeys in Cardiff. Not a big fan but my mates from Sheffield are going so I thought it would be a good laugh. However I changed my mind when it turned out I would have to pay 32 quid for a just to see them:ohmy:

£25 for the ticket
£4 service charge
£3 booking fee.

What the f***.

Whilst we all take your point - fuggetdabouitit and let someone who is a fan go!!

Not difficult!!

(PS - relate it to the excitement and enjoyment of watching them v the Albion at this present time!!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Gig tickets have just rocketed in price here - as "service charges" and "booking fees" and "credit card surcharges" are now illegal. Not sure if they're ANY cheaper.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Les Biehn said:

£25 for the ticket
£4 service charge
£3 booking fee.

What the f***.

£32 wouldnt have a problem with to see the Arctics though what I dont get is how they can sell tickets for "£25" though you cant even buy them for that at the venue. How do you buy just the ticket

Innuendo

Apr 14, 2007
wigman said:
paul weller with the jam was something else , but his solo career is shite!
I don't care - if he would perform only "Down In The Tube Station At Midnight", "Eton Rifles", "Town Called Malice", "Going Underground" and "That's Entertainment", then I'd be more than happy. Our life is short and we should get as much as possible out of it. And Weller's voice and song lyrics are definitely a thing worth devoting time to.
pebbles on the beach and you do something to me! i wouldnt pay 32pence! and that includes coldplay!
I don't understand "pebbles on the beach and you do something to me!" (the English that people really use is something completely different than the one from reading comprehension exercises and similar stuff), but anyway - why don't you like Martin & co.? I'm not a very big fan myself (in May I'm going to have the most important and tough exams in my life and I don't have time), but having listened to just a few most famous songs ("Fix You", "Talk", "In My Place", "Yellow" and some others) I can firmly say that their music is very calm, nice and relaxing.

By the way - I've recently became enchanted with French music, just see:

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=nouvelle+vague+dance&search=Search
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eI2uwu-Jock

The second one is from "8 femmes" ("8 women") movie. It was on TV in my country yesterday. If you ever have a chance to see it, give it a try - one of the finest movies I've seen...

Last edited:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
How on earth can a band that's released one album justify charging £25 for a gig? I paid £23 to see Bob Dylan - a man that's released almost 50 albums, 30 of them reaching the top 10 of the album charts.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Re: Re: Rip off gig tickets.

brightonbluenose said:
Whilst we all take your point - fuggetdabouitit and let someone who is a fan go!!

Not difficult!!

No its not difficult, hence why I put in my original post how I changed my mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here