Rip lemmy

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Whilst never a big fan of Motorhead, Hawkwind were just awesome when he was in the band and was an integral part to such great albums as Doremi Fasol Latido, Hall of the Mountain Grill Space Ritual and of course the seminal Warrior on the Edge of Time. Sang the vocals on Silver Machine. His body of work will stand testament to his talent. Keep on rocking, Lemmy.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
One of those people who you think will be around forever hence never got to see him play live. A salutary lesson for life. Go and live it now, Lemmy certainly did.

Jul 7, 2003
Appears that he died while sat at the old gaming machine he used to play at the Rainbow surrounded by family. How apt for the great man. It's a shame that he never released the solo album that he was planning as discussed in the movie a few years back

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
One of those people who you think will be around forever hence never got to see him play live. A salutary lesson for life. Go and live it now, Lemmy certainly did.

Same for me.. Always thought I should go and see them live, as I heard they were possibly even better than the Ramones as a live act.
and the Ramones were a class above anyone else IMO.

Lemmy was probably the only musician who was as revered by both Heavy Metal and punk fans

Glad he didn't suffer an extended illness, as that would not have been a fitting end.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Same for me.. Always thought I should go and see them live, as I heard they were possibly even better than the Ramones as a live act.
and the Ramones were a class above anyone else IMO.

Lemmy was probably the only musician who was as revered by both Heavy Metal and punk fans

Glad he didn't suffer an extended illness, as that would not have been a fitting end.

I've seen both bands and it's difficult to say who was best. But on their day both were untouchable.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
music has lost a member of royalty.

Remember seeing them a few years back in Brighton. One hell of a gig. So glad to see them when I had the chance.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Went to a rock bar called Bollocks and raised a JD & Coke to the great man tonight. First saw Motörhead in '85 the day before my 18th. Last saw them last year. Long live rock and roll!

http://youtu.be/xVFJrOlwdkw

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here