Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Rip June brown

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
She was in the first episode of the Sweeney, obviously a longtime before Eastenders.

She played a villains Mum, and the character was an exact copy Dot Cotton.

RIP.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Even if you didn't watch Eastenders, Dot Cotton was such an iconic character.

One of my favourite YouTube clips is when June Brown met Lady Gaga.

Often previously accused of being aloof, Gaga fell in love with her.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
RIP June.

JB.jpg

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Very sad RIP June. Iconic.

Surely even Nasty Nick might shed a tear, the rotter.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
She visited Brighton a lot for numinous charity events

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

I saw her at the Theatre Royal in Brighton, must have been the early 90's there was charity show for the homeless with Phil Collins, Steve Harley and I think she was in a short play

I found the ticket and Argos report (seems I keep all kinds of rubish)

phil-homeless.JPG

RIP lovely lady

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I saw her at the Theatre Royal in Brighton, must have been the early 90's there was charity show for the homeless with Phil Collins, Steve Harley and I think she was in a short play

I found the ticket and Argos report (seems I keep all kinds of rubish)

View attachment 146628

RIP lovely lady

Good grief! I was helping with the 'security' for that. Myself and a couple of other guys had to keep the Press/fans away from Phil Collins, as he went from his car through the Stage Door at the back of the theatre.
Following the show, there was a bit of a do at The Grand (Phil Collins didn't attend), but I met June Brown and as has been said, she was a really lovely (and funny) woman.
The night got later, and I was left sitting with Steve Harley and the legendary John Martyn. Steve left and the bar closed, but JM wanted more drinks for the pair of us - needless to say, the re-opened the bar for him. :lolol:
About 3am, JM wanted some breakfast, so I went and got my car (a 2CV!), brought it to the front of The Grand and drove us to the Market Diner, where we sat and stuffed ourselves, as he regaled me with stories of his life, loves and divorce.
Took him back to the hotel and made my way home around 6am.
Great night. :)

Edit: Just realised that it was exactly 30 years ago, tomorrow.

Last edited:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Good grief! I was helping with the 'security' for that. Myself and a couple of other guys had to keep the Press/fans away from Phil Collins, as he went from his car through the Stage Door at the back of the theatre.
Following the show, there was a bit of a do at The Grand (Phil Collins didn't attend), but I met June Brown and as has been said, she was a really lovely (and funny) woman.
The night got later, and I was left sitting with Steve Harley and the legendary John Martyn. Steve left and the bar closed, but JM wanted more drinks for the pair of us - needless to say, the re-opened the bar for him. :lolol:
About 3am, JM wanted some breakfast, so I went and got my car (a 2CV!), brought it to the front of The Grand and drove us to the Market Diner, where we sat and stuffed ourselves, as he regaled me with stories of his life, loves and divorce.
Took him back to the hotel and made my way home around 6am.
Great night. :)

Edit: Just realised that it was exactly 30 years ago, tomorrow.

That makes sense as Phil Collins and John Martyn were good freinds (probably due to divorce horrors) and I think PC played on a couple of JM's Albums.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I remember seeing June Brown in the stage version of Calendar Girls - she was great, and at least 80 at the time - she really had no fear!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Dot Cotton was a great Soap character, and June Brown played her brilliantly.

And whenever one saw her on a chat show or heard her interviewed, she was warm, funny and insightful….. what morecan you say.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Even if you didn't watch Eastenders, Dot Cotton was such an iconic character.

One of my favourite YouTube clips is when June Brown met Lady Gaga.

Often previously accused of being aloof, Gaga fell in love with her.

And they bacame pals.

I saw her 'who do you think you are'. A long line of extremely talented and resiliant ancestors, treading a line between extreme effectiveness and persecution (they are Jews).

RIP. Pure unadulterated class. :bowdown:

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
RIP the lovely, warm, funny and extremely talented June Brown

Every time I see her being interviewed I feel that I've seen a real star of stage, screen and life itself, she is effortlessly brilliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here