Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] RIP Jerry Lee Lewis

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
So few left of the early musicians who played such a role in my early teen years back in the 60's. Perhaps just Duane Eddy and Willie Nelson. Jerry lee may well not have been everyone's cup of tea but back in those days marriage at that age was legal in the state he lived in. Not saying I agree but different countries/states have different laws - it still happens in Yemen for instance.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
So few left of the early musicians who played such a role in my early teen years back in the 60's. Perhaps just Duane Eddy and Willie Nelson. Jerry lee may well not have been everyone's cup of tea but back in those days marriage at that age was legal in the state he lived in. Not saying I agree but different countries/states have different laws - it still happens in Yemen for instance.

That's a pretty rubbish "back in those days" defence.

Even back in those days, society knew he was a wrong un.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Jerry Lee Lewis… legend indeed . He must have had ‘ great balls of fire’ to do all the things he is supposed to have done. He played real rock n roll and lived a rock lifestyle.
He was a wonder at the boogie Woogie piano and made some history making recordings. Musicians today owe him and his genre a lot . RIP Jerry Lee.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Looking at some of the posts I wonder what content the Bill Wyman RIP thread will have when he sadly leaves the building? 🤷‍♂️

Whatever Jerry Lee Lewis did or didn’t do in his personal life, his contribution to music sees his obituary on every mainstream news station in the UK, so clearly he’s been forgiven or in the grand scheme of things the various News Editors in the UK think his achievements outweigh his alleged crimes?

Didn’t Elvis move Priscilla into Gracelands at 14?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Looking at some of the posts I wonder what content the Bill Wyman RIP thread will have when he sadly leaves the building? 🤷‍♂️

Whatever Jerry Lee Lewis did or didn’t do in his personal life, his contribution to music sees his obituary on every mainstream news station in the UK, so clearly he’s been forgiven or in the grand scheme of things the various News Editors in the UK think his achievements outweigh his alleged crimes?

brown.PNG

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

His passing is newsworthy his contribution to music cannot be denied however his bigamy, the deaths of two of his wives and marrying a 13 year old aren’t being airbrushed out.

The BBC headline on his obituary reads “Jerry Lee Lewis: A toxic cocktail of scandal, addiction and violence” it’s hardly a glowing start is it. Most of more controversial moments are mentioned.

Just because the press is covering his death doesn’t mean all is forgiven, far from it.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
RIP

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Bit of a sick fucker imo.

Don't care how much he contributed to music. The only 'Legend' status he deserves is of an abuser and rapist.

Just because some areas of society allow things like marriage and therefore sex with a 13 year old girl, doesn't make it right.

Nor does making a few songs.

I don't like to speak ill of the dead, but sometimes the celebration of perversion annoys me.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Is it legal to marry a cousin ?
Is Bigamy legal in some cultures, religions ?
Is the age of consent as low as 12 or the age at puberty in some cultures or religions ? (or dare we not say anything about that !)

Just because we don't approve...........

Violence not good anywhere though.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Read his obit earlier. Bloody hell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here