Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Frank Carson

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Old School comic, memories from the 70's watching "The Comedians" & trying to remember all the gags.

Reported on Sky News.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh blimey that's a shame.
He and Les Dawson are my 2 favourite 'old skool' comedians.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
TBH I thought he passed away a few years ago ?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Sad news - a one off.

RIP Frank - you were a cracker.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'm not a big fan of the old Northern comics' circuit, but...

I was at the first Brighton & Hove St George's Day do in about 2002, and Frank Carson (yeah, I know - from Northern Ireland) was the turn. It was my job to look after him for the day. He turned up on the dot, was pleased to be there, made himself available and from the moment he arrived he was entertaining people with his jokes. Even if it was one person coming up to shake his hand ('big fan, Mr Carson'), he'd crack a joke. He was booked to do 40 minutes, did an hour, and he stayed the entire afternoon (about 5 hours) and never stopped entertaining. It was a pleasure from the moment he arrived to the moment he left.

I remember Richard Reynolds was the compere, and he was introducing the afternoon, telling people the format, and saying they had Gareth Chilcott and Frank Carson at guest speakers. With that, Frank bowls up to the stage, unannounced and says 'right, let's see what this crowd's like...'

An Englishman, Scotsman, Welshman and Irishman are in a prison in Iraq, and are due to be executed, and they're all granted one wish each.

The Irishman says "I would like the last thing I hear to be a 'O Danny Boy' sung by 50 Irishmen just before I'm shot..."

"It will be done", says the guard.

The Welshman says "I would like the last thing I hear to be a rendition of 'Bread of Heaven' sung by a choir of 50 fellow Welshmen just before I'm shot..."

"It will be done".

The Scotsman says "I would like the last thing I hear to be a choir of 50 fellow countrymen singing 'O Flower of Scotland' just before I'm shot..."

"And so it will be done".

The Englishman says "I would like to be shot first..."

Roar of laughter. Blackout.

It's the way he tells them.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I sat on the same table as him a few years at some Rugby corporate lunch and he was bloody funny, Will Carling was a po faced twat however.

As for Andy Ripley, sadly deceased, he sat next to me and was one of the most pleasant "star" persons I have ever met in my life - top bloke.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
rexfeatures_509129ci.jpg

I always remember him from Tiswas ( whatever happened to Sally James:) )

Nov 20, 2003
hove
Heres one of my fav Frank Jokes Murphy and Gilligan are walkin in Scotland when they see a man hanging over a bridge. The man puts his hands in the water claps his hands and catches a salmon . Righrt said Murphy we,ll f***ing try that .so they carry on walking until they come to a bridge and murphy hangs gilligan over .All of a sudden Gilligan shouts "quick murphy pull me up " why have you caught a fish ? said murphy No said gilligan there,s a f***ing train coming !

greengu11

Sep 16, 2010
West Sussex/Surrey Border
A great honest comic, who did not have to lower down to offensive gags. RIP FC

One of his many;

A fella said to the doctor: “What’s the good news?” “You’ve got 24 hours to live.” He says: “What’s the bad news?” And the doc says: “We should have told you yesterday.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here