Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP France 98 Pint Glass

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I feel your pain. It may not be football related but I'm still suffering from the death of my beautiful Estrella glass, cut down in the prime of life.

Oh god the memories, ESTRELLLLLA! ESTREEEELLLLLLLLAAA! *weeps*

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I'm sorry for your loss.

I lost a Billy Bragg mug a few years ago when some idiot was spinning a cricket ball in his front room while his girlfriend was out. He had to do it while she was out because she was always nagging him that he would break something.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Just been reminded of this poignant RIP thread. Did you ever get this sorted? I do hope so.
If memory serves me correctly I couldn't be bothered to make the trip from Kemptown to Shoreham in order to pick it up. As far as I know the glass remains with its original owner

Sent from my CPH2023 using Tapatalk

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
If memory serves me correctly I couldn't be bothered to make the trip from Kemptown to Shoreham in order to pick it up. As far as I know the glass remains with its original owner

Sent from my CPH2023 using Tapatalk

Oh, that's a pity. But thanks for the update... at least I can cross this off the list of things that keep me awake at night. :thumbsup:

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Occasionally several very cruel friends of mine remind me of a BHAFC tankard i had in the mid to late 90s with the old round badge . I had gone back to Brighton to visit friends and family , as soon as i got off the train i walked into the tiny Seagulls shop in Queens Road and bought a new shirt and the tankard then went straight in the nearest pub ( William Tell i think ) with my mate and filled the new glass . I took that blasted thing from pub to pub for two days and a night , got blind drunk and got back on train to Dorsetshire without a single worry , until i finally got to my station picked up my bag and opened the door ( old slam door train ) caught the handle of my bag and dropped it on the platform to " THAT " sound , those who witnessed this have never let me forget it . One month later i bought a second one which i keep in the cupboard , only brought out on special occasions .

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I lost a Peroni glass in similar circumstances many years ago. The passing of time has done little to heal the sense of loss.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
I lost an (acid?) etched Tiger beer glass a few years ago in a tragic dishwasher accident, I have subsequently been on a mission to collate a number of different branded beer glasses from various places to fill my kitchen cupboard. Lockdown had stemmed the inbound flow of receptacles to Papak Towers but hopefully further additions will come.

https://www.markenglas.de/media/cat...6/5/6532_0_tiger_glaeser_gltib02110002_01.jpg

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I lost a Hastings Beer Festival pint glass this morning from 2002. Got a few more in the cupboard though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I'm sorry for your loss.

I lost a Billy Bragg mug a few years ago when some idiot was spinning a cricket ball in his front room while his girlfriend was out. He had to do it while she was out because she was always nagging him that he would break something.

What style were you bowling, off or leggie, orthodox or mystery? Wisden needs to know this sort of stuff to put onto page 1053...

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Slighly related, I had a mug sent over with a picture of the Amex on it.
It survived coming all the way over here only to get dropped and smashed when wife was unpacking it.
:ffsparr:
I now have the blue and white striped one with the seagull on and luckily it was me who unpacked it.
It is always washed by hand and stored in a special place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here