Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] RIP Ewen MacIntosh

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
He was great in The Office. As always with great tv they get the casting right and he was perfect for that role. Sadly, unlike some of the others, I don't remember seeing him in anything else. Anyway, who cares, if you're brilliant in just one thing then so be it. RiP Keith. (nb - I've never seen the US version so I don't know how the American Keith compares).

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
He was great in The Office. As always with great tv they get the casting right and he was perfect for that role. Sadly, unlike some of the others, I don't remember seeing him in anything else. Anyway, who cares, if you're brilliant in just one thing then so be it. RiP Keith. (nb - I've never seen the US version so I don't know how the American Keith compares).
Considering American remakes of British shows are usually absolute toilet, the American Office is actually very funny. The first couple of episodes are a bit weird as they copy the British series, but after it diverges it's very good, for the first 6 seasons at least. It's well worth a watch, just best to think of them as two different series completely.

The US Keith is a bit more slapstick, but has some brilliant moments.

Anyway. RIP Ewen, far too young.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Considering American remakes of British shows are usually absolute toilet, the American Office is actually very funny. The first couple of episodes are a bit weird as they copy the British series, but after it diverges it's very good, for the first 6 seasons at least. It's well worth a watch, just best to think of them as two different series completely.

Fair do's but I just can't do it. The Office is just too perfect (and Keith is part of that).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Agree - love the US version almost as much.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The theme is the same but the characters are different
I found it to be the same show “Americanised”. Take Tim compared to Jim for instance, where I found Tim’s asides slightly more subtle, Jim outright mugs at the camera and it can be rather annoying. I think both are good shows, but the original wins hands down for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here