Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] RIP Everybody's Family Member Who Didn't Play A Bit Part In A Hackneyed Comedy Decades Ago

Congratulations to the OP on some top,top boomer-baiting
It's so emblematic of NSC - the eternal battle between the grumpy and the even more grumpy - who will win? :laugh:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Bolleaux. NSC starts a thread Every. Single. Time. some bit part actor from some shitty seventies comedy shuffles off this mortal coil. NSC now needs it's own Obituary Sub-forum shirley? People die. Get over it :shrug:
Part of being human is to feel sadness for someone who is a part of your memories who has passed away, remembering them for their contribution to life, then accepting we are all mortal and we have all shuffled a tiny bit further along the line to our own demise. It's what we do to " Get Over It " .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It has an ignore thread filter. Just use that.

A lot of NSCers will have grown up with Dad's Army and Pike is the character who's the butt of the best joke in the whole thing. A bit more than a 'bit part in a hackneyed comedy'.

Michael Jayston is less well known nationally, I grant you, but is very well known locally and many on here will have played cricket with or against him or had a pint or several with him. Crass and tasteless barely cover your thoughts on that point.
I remember Michael Jayston for his lead role in the very gritty, Quiller, I was not aware of his passing, RIP

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I'll look forward to it should the OP ever come on here to tell us about their or a family members battle against cancer....................get over it people die!

And I'll certainly not apologise for remembering Michael Jayston who was a decent bloke with whom I'd had many chats with in the cricket outfield and whose body of work extended far beyond Only Fools and Horses.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sort of enforces my point. NSC needs an 'RIP' filter. @Bozza?
I'm not aware of an exclude prefix filter - there's certainly not one built in.

Is is really such a problem - I tend to just skip over the RIP threads if it's someone I've never heard of. I may open a thread if I recognise the name of the deceased, but it's not a major drama to just scroll by the other ones.

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
I'm still annoyed that we didn't have one for his portayal of the character "Carl Weathers" in Arrested Development.
Baby, you got a thread going.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I'm not aware of an exclude prefix filter - there's certainly not one built in.

Is is really such a problem - I tend to just skip over the RIP threads if it's someone I've never heard of. I may open a thread if I recognise the name of the deceased, but it's not a major drama to just scroll by the other ones.
I could oversee an RIP section Bozza, I’ve got experience in that field 👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here