Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Rip eddie van halen

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Very sad news, probably second to Hendrix in the influence stakes and apparently a lovely chap too...

He’ll be remembered as a pioneer and a stunningly great guitarist.

Rock on Eddie, in peace...

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Took the technique of ‘tapping’ to a new level and therefore created a whole new style of soloing. Great innovator and influenced many guitarists massively. RIP

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Was shocked to learn this. First Neil Peart and now Eddie Van Halen. What a bad year for heavy rock this has been, both snatched before their time. His innovation led to more technically accomplished guitarists such as Steve Vai and another hugely influential player, Joe Satriani, but it is something to be out there in the vanguard.

Oh, and anyone choosing songs sung by anyone other than David Lee Roth, you do know that that is not the true Van Halen, don't you? ???

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Gutted about this one. RIP Eddie. I was still clinging to the faint hope that I might see a DLR fronted VH gig at some point :(

I just managed the MoR set at Donington in 1984. Ironically I was peeved that Eddie seemed to do the Jump solo on keyboards, still at least I saw them once. Working my way through the back catalogue today at work.

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
I have always liked Van Halen.

its such a shame that he passed on.

Whose side did you take in the big David Lee Roth-Van Halen split?

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
Huge Van Halen fan so this is very sad news.

Love this song and vid.

I was at the o2 for a gig in 2012 and they played this before the main band came out and it was funny because it was just after that Eastbourne girl ran off with her teacher. I dunno if it was deliberate

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I was about to post that but didn't like the quality. Tyrone and others will like Hagar but others like me love Roth. Opinions are great, but it is often quoted that V Halen fans who liked the band before the bust up, didn't much like it after.

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
I was about to post that but didn't like the quality. Tyrone and others will like Hagar but others like me love Roth. Opinions are great, but it is often quoted that V Halen fans who liked the band before the bust up, didn't much like it after.

OH right, its not actually a bad film Airheads.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I have always liked Van Halen.

its such a shame that he passed on.

Whose side did you take in the big David Lee Roth-Van Halen split?

Dave and by some distance, for me that incarnation had all the elements that made Van Halen unique. The original Eddie pyrotechnics combined with Dave's circusmaster persona just unstoppable. 5150 and OU812 were good albums and Hagar is clearly a better singer than Dave, but, he's not.....err... Dave. Both versions of the band were great but for me they are different bands playing different styles of music. Today is not the day to get into this though.

On my 8th VH album of the day. This has been quite the day.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Dave and by some distance, for me that incarnation had all the elements that made Van Halen unique. The original Eddie pyrotechnics combined with Dave's circusmaster persona just unstoppable. 5150 and OU812 were good albums and Hagar is clearly a better singer than Dave, but, he's not.....err... Dave. Both versions of the band were great but for me they are different bands playing different styles of music. Today is not the day to get into this though.

On my 8th VH album of the day. This has been quite the day.

No criticism of David Lee Roth but i thought he borrowed a lot from Black Oak Arkansas singer Jim Dandy image wise.
https://youtu.be/DJXM-ssg2Hg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here