Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] RIP Adele's Las Vegas Shows

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Main headline on GMB this morning, a visibly shaken and distressed Richard Arnold broke the news the nation really didn't want to hear. A huge army of Adele fans were going over to Vegas, some already having arrived, heartbreaking for them.

:nono:

Back on form crodo :lolol:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I wonder if there are any legal grounds for compensation for those who travelled long distances (flight costs etc) given the lateness of the cancellation and the reason given of "show not ready".

The problem of any such claim would be that they would have to prove that they travelled specifically for the purpose of seeing her Vegas show and it wasn't simply an additional aspect of their holiday.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Why did Adele cross the road?

To say hello from the other side.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I wonder if there are any legal grounds for compensation for those who travelled long distances (flight costs etc) given the lateness of the cancellation and the reason given of "show not ready".

The problem of any such claim would be that they would have to prove that they travelled specifically for the purpose of seeing her Vegas show and it wasn't simply an additional aspect of their holiday.

No is the answer.

If you want to travel, and/or want to see gigs at the moment, there’s a very obvious and known risk. You really can’t start pointing a finger at musicians and artists if things don’t work out. By all means be pissed off, but you will just have to take it on the chin. Many bands I know are still having gigs canceled due to travel and/or Covid reasons; it’s just the way of the world at the moment.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Adele has Previous.

My youngest daughter was gutted when Adele cancelled the Wembley gig she had tickets to due to voice problems a few years ago. I seem to recall Adele was devastated about that too and pledged that ticktholders would get priority for a new date. Yeah right.

Thankfully she's over Adele now and probably wouldn't book again if given the chance anyway.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Adeles next album titled...."I can't handle Vegas", featuring the hit single "Hello and Goodbye" based on her failed relationship with a cheque. Or something like that.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
God she's a moaning over-rated whinger. FFS! Nice enough voice, but she drones and drones and drones on about stuff in her songs.

Adele love, do you reckon that you might just be as much to blame for your break ups as the men you haplessly bang on about? Shut the f*ck up.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I have been to Vegas 7 times every couple of years since 2004 (last time was 2017) and it's changed a lot. The first time I went, it was so much fun, things were value for money, you were getting a lot of comps etc. Now, it's extremely expensive and you are literally getting squeezed for every penny (like the amex really!). We do have fun, see some shows, sightseeing, food, bit of gambling.

Years ago the Mob ran Vegas and virtually paid punters to go there. But then the corporates took over and the rest is dramatically inflationary history.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cancelled "because the show wasn't ready". Ridiculous.

1) you would know whether it's going to be ready or not at least a few weeks in advance, and if it looks like there's any risk then cancel it. Or pay to get extra staff in to finish it.

2) she's in Vegas - surely they could have got enough together for a basic stage, sound tech, some security and whatever. Ok it wouldn't have had all the fireworks and flames or whatever she might have wanted, but I'm sure her fans would have preferred that to it being cancelled

But then again maybe she's doing them a favour, a holiday in Vegas sounds much more enjoyable to me if you didn't have to watch Adele singing.

A particularly good point, this. Surely all she needs is a stage and a mic - in fact a "stripped down" version of the show would probably be quite refreshing. True fans aren't going for the spectacle, they're just going for the music. Sounds like a right old "covid" cop-out.

BTW, I can't stand her depressing warbling. I'd rather chew off my right arm at the shoulder than sit through one of her shows, but each to their own.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I can see the appeal of Vegas but it’s not for me. Is it true £22k a ticket?!!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
God awful voice.

Fake sobbing.

Couldn’t give a shit.

Fritz the Cat

Jan 6, 2022
God awful voice.

Fake sobbing.

Couldn’t give a shit.

Totally agree. Amy W was the real deal. This one ? Nah ! I once listened to the radio in my car and they played a record by the truly amazing Dusty Springfield and followed it with one by Adele. It was like drinking vintage champagne followed by diet coke. The people who are going to be most put over this no-show are the Good Fellas who own Vegas.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Totally agree. Amy W was the real deal. This one ? Nah ! I once listened to the radio in my car and they played a record by the truly amazing Dusty Springfield and followed it with one by Adele. It was like drinking vintage champagne followed by diet coke. The people who are going to be most put over this no-show are the Good Fellas who own Vegas.

Amy Winehouse? One good album then screwed it all up. Plenty of that down the years.

Four or five multi million selling albums? Yeah, piece of piss, course it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here