Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rio's Cousin Kane

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
I'm not one for Transfer gossip (or story telling as it could also be called), but I've heard from a club source that we are set to beat a number of teams, including Birmingham and Crystal Palace to the signing of Kane Ferdinand.

He's 18 and currently at Southend. He's been watched a number of times this season and plays centre half or right back.

That is all.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Interesting... cue posts suggesting someone is leaving to make way... IMHO, and based on age, 'one for the future'...

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Would this club source be the vital BHA website which reported this at the begining of the week?

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
I was told because it was common knowledge amongst certain people and not because I'm secret squirrel or in the know! I simply saw it hadn't been previously been posted and thought it might be of interest. That is all.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
We should sign him if only so it makes it more likely we'll get a game against Manyoo a cup, as that's how football works

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Do you mean this KANE ?

2122-kane-wallpapers.jpg

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
My sources (sauces) told me that his surname is McGovern but he changed it once he got into S'end's 1st team. Ok he is related to Les, Rio and Anton but there you go.

hastings

Jan 15, 2010
Suffolk
Reserve team boss Chris Kiwomya was spotted at Southend’s 3-2 victory over Wycombe Wanderers on Tuesday with 18-year-old Shrimpers’ midfielder Kane Ferdinand believed to be the reason for his trip to Roots Hall. Nottingham Forest, Crystal Palace, Brighton and Hove Albion and Charlton are also believed to have been eyeing the Republic of Ireland U19 international.

Newham-born Ferdinand is yet to sign a professional deal at Southend, the club he has been with since he was 13, but the Shrimpers are hopeful that he’ll put pen to paper on a two-and-a-half-year contract soon.

Ferdinand, 6ft 1in tall, has made a huge impression in his eight first team starts and two substitute appearances, heading in his first senior goal in the win against the Chairboys.

Kiwomya was previously spotted watching Saturday’s game between Barnet and Torquay at Underhill on Saturday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here