Right lets get this straight Starbucks in ST JAMES' street is not in Kemp Town....

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
No and Ed ,The Council guru (and SCR's new Dripping Pan pitchside reporter) concurs as I stated Kemp Town starts around Atlingworth Street and continues to RSCH!!! Just out of interest Stewie whats opposite this Starbucks I 've forgotten?

I always thought Kemptown started at the bottom of the road ?? Obviously not.

As for what's opposite i have a complete mind blank!! Please remind me.

MOG

Miserable Old Git
Dec 16, 2007
Off My Trolley.
Kemp Town consists of Arundel Terrace, Chichester Terrace, Lewes Crescent and Sussex Square. It has given its name to the larger Kemptown region of Brighton.
Therefore St. James's Street is not in Kemp Town but is in Kemptown.

Although he was correct in his original post, i'm surprised our resident True Brightonian (HB&B) did not know about the difference.

An 1850 map of Brighton ... showing Kemp Town, semi-detached from the rest of the town.

map_of_brighton_1850_fullsize.jpg

D

Deleted User X18H

Kemp Town consists of Arundel Terrace, Chichester Terrace, Lewes Crescent and Sussex Square. It has given its name to the larger Kemptown region of Brighton.
Therefore St. James's Street is not in Kemp Town but is in Kemptown.

Although he was correct in his original post, i'm surprised our resident True Brightonian (HB&B) did not know about the difference.
Rubbish!!! Its like Estate agents saying Shirley Street and Goldstone Road are part of The Poets Corner area . What next Old Stiene and Castle Sq Kemptown as well, Amex House isn't in Kemp Town or Kemptown but geographically it is further northeast (higher) than Starbucks.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Interesting map as it shows the chain pier prior to it collapsing and before the Palace Pier being built.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports