Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Right, don't shout at me: Shirt sizes

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
I know this has been done to death before, but I wasn't interested then and I am now, cos I've got to buy someone a shirt for Xmas. I've looked through until page 13 on here and couldn't find any of the numerous threads on the subject, so I'm gonna have to ask again.

I know the sizes are a bit smaller than they should be, he's normally a large I reckon, so should I get XL?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Get an XXL. The XL is slightly smaller than a normal L (using the Dunnes Stores sizing system that all the shops here use, anyway)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I tried on a xxxl pookawhatsisthingymibob and it was too small.

That is mainly because I not a waif like figure I though I was:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
that said I only noticed now you meant a Palookaville shirt..

Same sizing rules apply, they are actually only two sizes out. Its meant to be tight - unfortunately they forgot that most football fans haven't got the figure for tight shirts.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well I am on these Betablocker pills and where I lost two and a half stone a couple of years ago, I seem to be piling it back on and I have no idea why.

I drink skimmed milk, I have low fat everything....I hardly drink to excess...it is getting very depressing that all my jeans and trousers are feeling a lot tighter:nono: :nono:

I was nearly suicidal when I tried on the palookaville xxxxl; shirt

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
DtG - just pretend its the late 70's - get a pair of obscenely tight jeans, an M sized Palookaville shirt and a dodgy big haircut....

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
what do you mean "pretend". I am still living in the 70's

" And the man in the the back said everyone attack and it turned into a ballroom blitz"

Classic

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
They do an xxxxl!!!!!

My centenery shirt is an xxl but that is feeling tight these days.

God I'm fat :down:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
the palookaville tops and the other skints shirts seemed to be different

my xl palookaville tops baggy on me and my xxl skint tops are tight

???

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
MYOB said:
Dave - you're just a fat bastard :lolol:

I'm tall (6'3''-6'5'' ish) and not the thinnest and an XXL is big enough.

I know gravity affects one's height as the day goes on but a 2" spread?:eek: Must make buying trousers tricky:lolol:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Bwian said:
I know gravity affects one's height as the day goes on but a 2" spread?:eek: Must make buying trousers tricky:lolol:

I've got one leg a fair bit shorter in normal walking - they're pretty much the same length when out flat, but my buggered knee makes me walk slightly lopsidedly. Its not 2" though, more like 1" the rest of the difference is down to what type of shoes I'm wearing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here