[News] Richard Littlejohn article in the Daily Mail

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Somewhere in this thread you mention my username, along with a reference to ‘Jewish propaganda machine’. Firstly you could not be further from the truth, secondly there is nowhere in this thread that I have made any reference to the Jewish faith. Care to explain what the blue blazes you are on about? And maybe try not to be so patronising with a :facepalm: when you are just making yourself look stupid.

Am I? :shrug: Just thought it pretty funny to see someone who believes in a Jewish propaganda machine lecturing (not to mention patronising and insulting) someone on 'A Hitler'.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Obviously I can't be 100% sure but in his column he sometimes references 'when I was visiting my mum in America' and 'when I was at Spurs last saturday' he also sometimes refers to incidents / situations near his home in North London so from that I would make a fairly educated guess he resides in England.

Is it 'sh*t stirring' etc just because you disagree with it? Aren't others allows to express opinions without getting name called?

My understanding is that he spends most of his time at a property in the US, although I am sure he also has property in London.

Sh*t stirring is because he is a sh*t stirrer. It is what he does to make money.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
My understanding is that he spends most of his time at a property in the US, although I am sure he also has property in London.

Sh*t stirring is because he is a sh*t stirrer. It is what he does to make money.

As a regular reader of his column my understanding is that he's a UK resident. What is your 'understanding' based upon?

All newspaper columnists sh*t stir it's what sells newspapers.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
As a regular reader of his column my understanding is that he's a UK resident. What is your 'understanding' based upon?

Well yes, as a 'regular reader' of the daily mail I am not surprised you would think that all columnists do is sh*t stir to sell papers. That is the core business model for the daily mail.

You are wrong though. In actual newspapers columnists entertain, provoke thoughts, reflect on the world and many other things besides.

My 'understanding 'was based on remembering endless references to him having a Florida mansion and living abroad for a large part of the year whilst complaining about immigrants. Plus (literally) 30 seconds on google to confirm my memory was not wrong.

Last edited:

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Well yes, as a 'regular reader' of the daily mail I am not surprised you would think that all columnists do is sh*t stir to sell papers. That is the core business model for the daily mail.

You are wrong though. In actual newspapers columnists entertain, provoke thoughts, reflect on the world and many other things besides.

My 'understanding 'was based on remembering endless references to him having a Florida mansion and living abroad for a large part of the year whilst complaining about immigrants. Plus (literally) 30 seconds on google to confirm my memory was not wrong.

Fair points regarding the purpose of columns but even in 'proper newspapers' there is an element of sh*t stirring I'm sure in the left wing press there are plenty of articles to be found criticising the Conservative parties handling of coronavirus, probably quoting selective stats and experts in order to make it appear it's been badly handled with no doubt the inference being that a Labour govn would done a much better job, essentially sh*t stirring but as it appears in a proper newspaper it's not seen as so.

He has not once made a reference to owning a Florida mansion in any of his twice weekly columns in the Mail, yes he mentions going to USA but never a mention of any mansion.. Also he writes about a wide range of subjects not just 'immigrants'.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

You have to remember that foreign people who come to these shores to sponge off the state are "immigrants"

British people who move abroad to improve that country are "Ex-Pats"

British people are never referred to as immigrants. :thumbsup:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Am I? :shrug: Just thought it pretty funny to see someone who believes in a Jewish propaganda machine lecturing (not to mention patronising and insulting) someone on 'A Hitler'.

You really are rather odd, probably a bit of a social loner that is best left alone. Good day to you.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Tee hee it worked!!!

You remind me of a few posters we have had on here over the years. Posters like Rosa, who deliberately posted weird or controversial stuff to garner insults and then act horrified when they get insulted.
It's actually quite a disturbing and harmful (to yourself) thing to do and I would genuinely seek some advice on the matter. What you are doing is ultimately quite destructive.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

No they don't.

The trick is to recognise the ones that do and avoid them for proper journalism.

As a regular reader of his column you have some work to do in this area. What you are doing is giving shit stirring, opinion piece, propaganda dressed up as journalism both an audience and income.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I’m sure this has already been said, but did he do any research for the article? It seems to be full of wild assumptions with no facts to back them up.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
I hope that Mr Littlejohn didn't take a single pay rise during austerity to show solidarity with those workers in the NHS and Civil Service whose only pay increases were"to keep in line with inflation"? No, I thought not [emoji848]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports