Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Found an excuse to get rid. I’d be pretty unhappy if one of my employees wrote himself out of work for 1yr by getting pissed and partaking in drink driving. Although he wasn’t behind the wheel, as a senior player, he may as well have been. Why he didn’t intervene and stop these young lads causing a serious accident and potentially causing death is beyond me. Both the young lads also to blame (and for some reason have got off very lightly but can at least play off their debt somewhat). but come on Keogh. How is that captains behaviour? Just taking the piss.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Found an excuse to get rid. I’d be pretty unhappy if one of my employees wrote himself out of work for 1yr by getting pissed and partaking in drink driving. Although he wasn’t behind the wheel, as a senior player, he may as well have been. Why he didn’t intervene and stop these young lads causing a serious accident and potentially causing death is beyond me. Both the young lads also to blame (and for some reason have got off very lightly but can at least play off their debt somewhat). but come on Keogh. How is that captains behaviour? Just taking the piss.

Tom Lawrence is 25 years old. He’s not an impressionable child.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Young lads, he’s not ****ing 60 (though he may look it). Surely he’s not responsible for the actions of all his team mates because he’s team captain and a bit older!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015

These 'young lads' were 25 and 23 - at what age do you start taking responsibility for your own actions. Bennett has a four-year old daughter.

A couple of days after the crash Derby issued a statement saying that they wouldn't sack Lawrence and Bennett because the club had 'a duty of care to the players' - Derby owner Mike Morris was quoted as saying that he was keen to 'deal with the players as human beings'. No such 'duty of care' towards Keogh, nor any effort to 'deal' with him as a 'human being'.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
These 'young lads' were 25 and 23 - at what age do you start taking responsibility for your own actions. Bennett has a four-year old daughter.

A couple of days after the crash Derby issued a statement saying that they wouldn't sack Lawrence and Bennett because the club had 'a duty of care to the players' - Derby owner Mike Morris was quoted as saying that he was keen to 'deal with the players as human beings'. No such 'duty of care' towards Keogh, nor any effort to 'deal' with him as a 'human being'.
As club captain he should of put the younger lads in a cab simple. That night has cost him over £1m in wages trying to be one of the lads pathetic from a captain deserves all he gets.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.

I stand corrected about the younger players ages. For some reason thought they were 19-21 ish.

But I still think the same sentiment. While the players are 100% responsible for what they have done (and I do think the punishments on L and B have been too lenient) I think, as a decorated senior / club captain, Keogh is responsible for NOT stopping the incident. The club are entitled to feel hugely let down by him and be furious he has injured himself for an entire season as a result. The outcome shouldn’t come as a surprise to him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
£50 fine if i remember for not wearing a seat belt which is charged to the driver. What else would he be charged for?

Edit apparently £100 now again though to the DRIVER

Sorry misunderstood because he couldnt be charged for it because its the drivers offence

It is not the driver's offence.

(not unless the passenger is under the age of 14)

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
That’s the crux of it for me that I think some people aren’t taking into account - Keogh can’t play for the rest of his contract, the other two can.

Indeed, the crux of it - All three of them were idiots but Keogh got unlucky. There's been plenty of 'sack them all' reactions but the reality is that being young players on long contracts Bennett and Lawrence hold all the cards. The club isn't going to 'sack' assets is it, Keogh on the other hand is now just a cost. I don't like what's happened of course but it's pragmatic decision.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Indeed, the crux of it - All three of them were idiots but Keogh got unlucky. There's been plenty of 'sack them all' reactions but the reality is that being young players on long contracts Bennett and Lawrence hold all the cards. The club isn't going to 'sack' assets is it, Keogh on the other hand is now just a cost. I don't like what's happened of course but it's pragmatic decision.

So, what you’re saying, as a Derby fan, you are quite happy that Keogh has been ****ed over to save paying him.yet those who committed a highly serious illegal act, and ran away are fine to carry on as normal?

Pragmatic - more like pathetic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports