Oct 20, 2022
might be interesting?

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I seem to recall there was rumours about him before he signed for Augsburg?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Difficult to judge him especially at such a young age in the Dutch league as we know from experience that doesn’t always translate to being good enough for the PL league . How he gets on in Germany will be more interesting. Only played I think a handful of games for them so far .

One to monitor .

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Where are you, pigeon? I am looking somewhere to find you!

Already signed for Newcastle, I'm afraid. Here he is in the kit. Ashworth strikes again

pepe.JPG

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
My barber has a mate who is a season ticket holder at FC Groningen and he said he’s shit
Well we all know from our experience of NSCers, the STH are the real experts driving the recruiting expertise of BHA 😂

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Have we ever signed a player where the write up - a transfer window "rumour" staple - is "Brighton, Villa, Brentford and Liverpool or "pick any 4 of 20" are interested ?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Already signed for Newcastle, I'm afraid. Here he is in the kit. Ashworth strikes again
Isn’t he on loan still to Groningen? Or is that just a rumour too 🙂

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I seem to recall there was rumours about him before he signed for Augsburg?
I think this is something we’ve done before. I’m sure we’ve managed to woo at least one player in the past by having shown a long term interest in them over a couple of season.

Don’t quote me on that though. My memory’s rotten.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think this is something we’ve done before. I’m sure we’ve managed to woo at least one player in the past by having shown a long term interest in them over a couple of season.

We managed to keep Alireza Jahanbakhsh away from Leicester's late interest because we'd been making the eyes at him for at least 3 years!

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Weren’t we looking at Christian Kouame (Florentina forward) at one point?

My memory is rotten too!

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Another source: https://bolavip.com/en/soccer/USMNT...veral-Premier-League-clubs-20230106-0007.html

Ricardo Pepi is a man on a mission, after a dreadful move to the Bundesliga where he failed to score in 15 games for FC Augsburg, a loan move to FC Groningen has once again shined a light on the player's potential. At the time of his $20 million move to Germany, Pepi was the subject of transfer talks to Bayern Munich, Manchester United, and Ajax.

Now after an adaptation period in Europe and finding his scoring touch in the Eredivisie, 7 goals in 10 games, Pepi might be due another move this time to the Premier League. According to various reports, Augsburg is very interested in selling the USMNT striker and not sending him out again on loan, given his price tag Groningen has no chance of retaining the player past his loan spell.

Now according to Charlie Parker-Turner, Pepi has interest from two Premier League teams for next season. Here are the teams interested in Ricardo Pepi.

Last edited by a moderator:

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
So flopped at Augsburg, but lighting up Eredivisie on loan? I think we'd have to be looking at considerably less than the $20 million that Augsburg paid for him for it to be worth a punt, no?

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016

Alireza wasn't it? Gulp...

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
@Mustafa II - thanks for the info. There seems to be a bit of background baggage with this one which at the age of 19, probably should have been ironed out by now - and the level of the top Dutch league hardly compares with the Bundesliga so I would take the renewed goal scoring success very much in that context.

However, if he really wants a taste of PL, as an bargain basement option for the U21s/PL2, he might be worth an investment as a sell on - but apparently some way off PL standard (yet?) .

I like his ball control though, especially the volleys, and he has great acceleration into space between the defensive lines - clinical in front of goal too - I can see why he’s getting some interest

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

a few players. we all know about Ali J, pretty sure we spoke with Maupay before he joined Brentford and then went back later, and remember us being linked with Estupinan the summer he went to Villarreal. also pretty sure Pascal Groß claimed that we tried to get him to sign at the start of our promotion season but he asked to remain with Ingolstadt for another year or something like that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here