Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Rhyming Slang - Do You Use It?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I appreciate we’re not cockneys, but playing with the King’s can be one of life’s greatest pleasures.

Before someone enlightened me last week, I’d always wondered why Scots were referred to as ‘sweaties’

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I appreciate we’re not cockneys, but playing with the King’s can be one of life’s greatest pleasures.

Before someone enlightened me last week, I’d always wondered why Scots were referred to as ‘sweaties’
Cos they stink, obvs innit me old China.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Everyday, just ask the Bread Knife.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
People arriving at my place of work of a morning are occasionally asked if they got much ‘William’ last night.

(Sleep = Kip = Orange Pip = Orange = William of Orange = William)

:moo:

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
Love rhyming slang, and spend far too much time thinking of new ones.

Always Fun to try and crowbar an Albion ref into it. For example, a Ruby Murray can be a Bert or a Glenn instead. Or Neil McNab for crab, in deference to his penchant for sideways passing and his Nickname of McCrab due to that….

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
...Or Neil McNab for crab, in deference to his penchant for sideways passing and his Nickname of McCrab due to that….

Ha! Yes, 'Crab McNab'! Only ever moved sideways! He was quite a good player though, but we, me old china, must be in a minority of NSC members who both remember him and the way he played.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Many years back I worked with a Scots lad on a building site, he told me he was off to a wedding at the weekend, I asked him if he had bought a new whistle?
He stopped what he was doing and said “ why would I want a whistle at a wedding? “ :)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Sweaty socks - Jocks

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Keep your Alan’s on, he’s only gone and Sandy Shaw’d a bread roll.

I don’t use slang much but I often refer to the pub as “the nuclear” and a face as a “mooey”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here