Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rhodes worth £8m?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Blimey, I know that Rhodes tore up League 1 similar to CMS the season before, but.....

I thought we pushed the boat out last year for CMS at £2.5m, but £8m for Rhodes?

How are Championship clubs without parachute money supposed to compete with that?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No, not at the moment. They've gone doolally.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Not worth £8m...yet. If they return to the Prem courtesy of his goals, then it'll be a different matter, but right now - nope

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
It is a MASSIVE gamble, no one knows really. Not for that money

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Kicking a ball between two posts is the same in League 1 as in the championship. Yes their are other factors, but finishing ABILITY never changes.

Clearly Blackburn have seen something which they think is worth the fee. Promotion is worth more than £8m to them.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I can just hear the conversation now:

"We want 10 MIIIIILLION POUNDS!!!" *snigger to eachother*
"We'll give you 8"
"OK."

*Door closes*
*Entire room begins pissing themselves*

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
All out gamble by the Venkys to go back up, got the parachute money so spending it trying to get up. Trouble is all the time they have that bell end Steve Keen as manager and the crowd hating his and their guts they are more likely to go down. Bit reminiscent of when Archer suddenly started spunking money on players here after years of nothing in a bid to buy popularity and all that happened was he got hated more. Rhodes must be mad or just greedy to go to that nuthouse of a club

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Jay Rodrigez for 7million, Rhodes now for 8million! both mental and completely over priced.

wait for Leicester to stump up 9 million for McCormack.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Kicking a ball between two posts is the same in League 1 as in the championship. Yes their are other factors, but finishing ABILITY never changes.

Clearly Blackburn have seen something which they think is worth the fee. Promotion is worth more than £8m to them.

The defenders you are playing against can affect your ability to finish effectively, I would argue.

Case in point: Craig Mackail Smith.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Blackburn are spunking their parachute payment all over the place, what a bunch of twats + completely takes the piss out of what these payments are supposed to be for. Time for a massive re-think of the parachute concept and you've only got to look at Leicester last year to realise spending a small fortune on completely inappropriate transfer fees doesn't guarantee anything let alone a team make, especially with Jock Kean managing them

Why would a player sign for Blackburn ? - turmoil on and off the field. A half decent start to this season but come on .. Blackburn!

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
JR 8 million. Berbatov 4 million! Something isn't right there. I can't understand why Rhodes would want to go to Blackburn to be honest. Huddersfield must be well chuffed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here