[Politics] Rhian Brewster

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Indeed. "ex deputy sports editor", my arse. Google him. A man with 20yrs experience as a sports journalist would have some sort of internet footprint (search for Ollie Holt or Paul Hayward or Barney Ronay): there is absolutely zip on this Walter Mitty.

He's nothing but another teenage, bedroom-based bullshit merchant, who doubtless gets a small thrill every time somebody replies to one of his tweets in the mistaken hope he's legitimate.

Brutal Edna!

But no doubt true.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
So if we don't have the funds, where are Palace getting the money from?

I think over the last 5 seasons , we’ve had a net spend of £11 million a season, making a total of £56 million.
Brighton have a net spend of £39 million a season, making a total of £197 million.
It’s fairly easy to work out .

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I think over the last 5 seasons , we’ve had a net spend of £11 million a season, making a total of £56 million.
Brighton have a net spend of £39 million a season, making a total of £197 million.

11 x 5 = 55, not 56 and 39 x 5 = 195, not 197.
It's a good job it wasn't fairly difficult to work out.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
11 x 5 = 55, not 56 and 39 x 5 = 195.
It's a good job it wasn't fairly difficult to work out.

My mistake, it was £11.2 million a season, making it a total of £56 million.
Yours was £39.5 a season, making it a total of £197.5million .
Apologies once again, I thought rounding it up would make it easier for everyone.:thumbsup:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Apologies once again, I thought rounding it up would make it easier for everyone.:thumbsup:

As you've only been here for about 8 years, you've probably not encountered it before, and it really is incredibly rare, but let me let you in on a little known fact about NSC. There is, very very occasionally, a tiny weeny bit of pedantry.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Some interesting and positive comments on Liverpool's message board RedandWhiteKop

"Would be quite pleased if the next step in his progression is to a side like Brighton. Potter is a good manager and isn't afraid to give youth a chance and he's trying to morph that Brighton team into one that plays pretty attractive football.

Villa I'd be content with, Newcastle and especially Roy Hodgson's Palace can piss off."

"Brewster is doing very well and in my eyes, shown enough to suggest he's a viable long term possibility. I think a loan to a Premier League club who'd guarantee him solid minutes would suit him well personally, but given the schedule it'd maybe be wiser to keep him around.

I just can't help but thinking a loan to Brighton would be fantastic, given they haven't loads of forward options (Murray and Locadia aren't going to get minutes) and Maupay does the most passable Firmino impression in the league, in regards to what he's asked to do by Potter. You could say why learn from a Firmino-lite when he can learn from the man himself, but I reckon he gets 2,000+ league minutes for Brighton and I'd be surprised if he got half that here really."

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=340149.1960

The snag with a loan, from Liverpool's point of view anyway, is would he get sufficient guaranteed game time? We often play only one up top, so would he automatically be first choice ahead of Maupay (both good in The Championship, but Maupay's now also had a season in the PL), and wood we really want to hold back Connolly's development (assuming we won't be lending him out leaving us with just two strikers again!)

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

But you have spent 300 million on wages... Palace pay over the odds and everyone knows it!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

But you are also paying over £120,000 per week each to several complete wasters, as well as Zaha.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I wonder what the asking price is for Brewster. Expect Liverpool want £25-£30m. Same scoring ratio as Watkins in the Championship but with England u21 pedigree.
As many clubs have spent big already I wonder if we are well placed to get this one over the line, despite what this guy says.

I understand the fee is about £25m. It seems the Reds first team technical team are not convinced he will make it into the first team squad which is why they don’t want to loan and prefer a sale.
I’m surprised as at all the other levels they have been raving about him but it would have been Klopps decision.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Good value on a per goal basis though, right ?

They've probably got the same value from Sakho in that respect as they have Benteke. Wonder what the German wunderkind Max Meyer is on too?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not that account again!

We might not sign Brewster but that loser knows nothing!

Bang bang on - he literally posts transfer news for every prem club - completely guesses - sad, sad little man.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A monkey with an unlimited supply of pencils and paper comes to mind.

Yep - was exactly the same reason Bladders and I started the guessing and pretending to be ITK thing :lol: - But don’t tell anyone or him as I think they’re believing I’m WELL clued up on signings ;)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
SSN in the last few mins reporting Sheff Utd and Palace have held talks with Liverpool + player.

No mention of us

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I reckon we still need to offload a couple of players to be seriously active in this market for a striker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports