Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Rhian Brewster

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I think it’s too early for Brewster at any PL club. He is a great talent, brilliant in the England age group teams with Foden, and as a 19 year old against bruising CB’s he was quality for Swansea.

I liked H.Wilson, but a NSC expert on Plucky reckoned he was shite there.

Agreed, we definitely need a proper centre forward.

If we're looking to add goals, he's a good option. 7 goals in a poor Bournemouth side last season and 15 for Derby in the Championship the season before.

Both played him on the right, but he is left footed.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
Me no understand. Most teams play with inverted wingers/forwards these days.

I prefer them to be used on their natural side.

We've been using Solly on the left and Gross on the right, only Trossard has been used inverted lately and his crossing stats are the lowest of all three.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
If we are actually interested (which we were according to Naylor) I wonder what the issue is/was?

Feels like we have so many positives and a good relationship with Liverpool.

Also Sheffield United isn't a bigger club with massive presence online.

Maybe some aspect of the deal we couldn't guarantee? Like playing time? Perhaps we are intent on bringing in two strikers before the window is up?

His goal scoring record is superb.
And the fact that his specialty appears to be long shots would certainly be helpful to a team who is unable to pass their way through that last quarter of the pitch.
I wonder how he would have fared against Nunez, statistically, in that analysis of all strikers across the European second tier divisions. He didn't play a whole season, but still.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
If we are actually interested (which we were according to Naylor) I wonder what the issue is/was?

Maybe some aspect of the deal we couldn't guarantee? Like playing time? Perhaps we are intent on bringing in two strikers before the window is up?

And the fact that his specialty appears to be long shots would certainly be helpful to a team who is unable to pass their way through that last quarter of the pitch.
I wonder how he would have fared against Nunez, statistically, in that analysis of all strikers across the European second tier divisions. He didn't play a whole season, but still.

not surprised. Last turkey in the shop Albion.

I know, lets dither, delay and procrastinate a bit more as Wilder takes bull by horns and makes it happen.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
not surprised. Last turkey in the shop Albion.

I know, lets dither, delay and procrastinate a bit more as Wilder takes bull by horns and makes it happen.

How on earth do you know all that? I really despair of our support sometimes! 😞

By all means have a moan on Oct 5th if we don’t bring someone in but for now why not try having a little faith that they know what they’re doing

Last edited:

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I prefer them to be used on their natural side.

We've been using Solly on the left and Gross on the right, only Trossard has been used inverted lately and his crossing stats are the lowest of all three.

Shirley, if you are right footed and cut in from the left then you shoot with your best foot (Right) in this case and vice versa.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Money, most likely.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
Shirley, if you are right footed and cut in from the left then you shoot with your best foot (Right) in this case and vice versa.

No doubt, but on your natural side if you beat your man on the outside the CB has to come across to cover creating space for your striker.

Ideally 'wingers' should be ambidextrous, but as Alireza has proven that's no guarantee of success.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Money, most likely.

Possibly, frustrating for us, but we don’t pay the bills. I hoped after Maupay last year that we were no longer at the bottom of the food chain on strikers, but maybe we are.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Ideally 'wingers' should be ambidextrous, but as Alireza has proven that's no guarantee of success.

Not much use really, unless they need to go in goal for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
No doubt, but on your natural side if you beat your man on the outside the CB has to come across to cover creating space for your striker.

Ambipedal if you want to be fancy rather than using the more prosaic two-footed.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016

At the risk of being pedantic, ambidextrous is non specific and can be used to describe hands, eyes or feet.

From ambi, a latin prefix meaning both and dextrous from the latin dexter meaning on the right side.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

I agree with you, seems odd that we wouldn’t have a better chance then Sheff Utd of landing Brewster. And how can they have a better wage then us?

Optimistic view, we have other, better targets incoming.

Pessimistic: we’re still an unfashionable club. Our progress hasn’t been fully recognised by the mainstream and they still see us as a Hughton team. That will change soon hopefully.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here