Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Rhian Brewster

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Sky Sports News says he's signing for Sheffield United today.:shootself

(Not really, but I keep expecting to see a post like this to kill our enthusiasm.)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

You’re right.

Although, like a lot of Bournemouth players, he was a bit shitehouse last season and failed to make the staring 11 on a number of occasions.

If Ajax are going to give us good money for Jahanbakhsh, it makes sense to bring in this guy.

https://youtu.be/WPW9dwVkp2Y

He is faster than Ali-J, left footed and has an eye for goal. He can score direct free kicks and is a threat from shooting outside the box.

How many players do we currently have who you’d back to score from outside the box? Not a lot.

Him and Rhian would give us an excellent chance of top 10.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I know some people don't like the idea of having Brewster potentially on loan, but for me football is largely all about the here and now. If he came on loan and did a good job (ultimately aiding his development for Liverpool) I have no problem with that. We would just then next summer need to look again for another forward.

It seems almost every summer we're looking for a striker in one way or another, so whether Brewster came on loan or permanently I wouldn't mind. Plus, if it was a loan and didn't work out we're not stuck with a player who wasn't that successful. In hindsight I wished the deals to bring Ali J and Locadia had been loans, then at least we could have sent them back!

Not sure about Wilson though.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
If he came on loan and did a good job (ultimately aiding his development for Liverpool) I have no problem with that. We would just then next summer need to look again for another forward.

Then it begs the question, why not sign a forward now rather than next season? Just seems like delaying a decision and not very forward thinking.

I’m holding out hope we’ll get Brewster on a permanent deal with an agreement Liverpool have first option.

Let’s see what happens. Fans forum tomorrow I believe. So something may happen today or tomorrow.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Then it begs the question, why not sign a forward now rather than next season? Just seems like delaying a decision and not very forward thinking.

I’m holding out hope we’ll get Brewster on a permanent deal with an agreement Liverpool have first option.

Let’s see what happens. Fans forum tomorrow I believe. So something may happen today or tomorrow.

I'm not saying a permanent deal wouldn't be good, but if Liverpool were to insist on a loan only, then I'd take that as opposed to scratching around last minute for a bargain bin deal from what's left. As you say tomorrow's forum (for once) might be quite interesting and actually worth tuning in to!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

This.

If Brewster comes in on loan, I’d want him as backup to Connolly (who needs development minutes) and Maupay of course (who he’d be back up to anyway).

If we sign him permanently, I’m not bothered about him grabbing Connolly’s development time.

As you say, the next 32hrs or so should be exciting. I’ve just got a hunch that the club have at least one rabbit in the hutch that they’re going to release to fans for a ruddy good stroke.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
As you say, the next 32hrs or so should be exciting. I’ve just got a hunch that the club have at least one rabbit in the hutch that they’re going to release to fans for a ruddy good stroke.

Historically I’m not sure that happens although we say it every year

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
This.

If Brewster comes in on loan, I’d want him as backup to Connolly (who needs development minutes) and Maupay of course (who he’d be back up to anyway).

If we sign him permanently, I’m not bothered about him grabbing Connolly’s development time.

if as looks likely we play 3 5 2 , Maupay, Connolly and whoever else we get in will get plenty of game time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I could get very excited about this but I’m not going to! I am scarred by too many striker disappointments :smile:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I know some people don't like the idea of having Brewster potentially on loan, but for me football is largely all about the here and now. If he came on loan and did a good job (ultimately aiding his development for Liverpool) I have no problem with that. We would just then next summer need to look again for another forward.

It seems almost every summer we're looking for a striker in one way or another, so whether Brewster came on loan or permanently I wouldn't mind. Plus, if it was a loan and didn't work out we're not stuck with a player who wasn't that successful. In hindsight I wished the deals to bring Ali J and Locadia had been loans, then at least we could have sent them back!

Not sure about Wilson though.

In addition to this, If we had him pon loan and he went back, BUT we had a good season finishing 10-12th for example, it makes us a more promising prospect for the next signing, strikers like F1 drivers have egos . . . .

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
In addition to this, If we had him pon loan and he went back, BUT we had a good season finishing 10-12th for example, it makes us a more promising prospect for the next signing, strikers like F1 drivers have egos . . . .

Yes, but if he had a very good season, scoring 12 goals, and Liverpool asked for him back, would we then launch a campaign to 'free' him?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yes, but if he had a very good season, scoring 12 goals, and Liverpool asked for him back, would we then launch a campaign to 'free' him?

Course not, we are Brighton, we would meekly shrug our shoulders and pop and NSC and moan about Brext, Covid and why we did not SIGN a striker

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Liverpool, are up for selling with a buy back clause according to reports

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
You’re right.

Although, like a lot of Bournemouth players, he was a bit shitehouse last season and failed to make the staring 11 on a number of occasions.

If Ajax are going to give us good money for Jahanbakhsh, it makes sense to bring in this guy.

https://youtu.be/WPW9dwVkp2Y

He is faster than Ali-J, left footed and has an eye for goal. He can score direct free kicks and is a threat from shooting outside the box.

How many players do we currently have who you’d back to score from outside the box? Not a lot.

Him and Rhian would give us an excellent chance of top 10.
But can he score a bicycle?

:moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here