Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Return to the Amex" questions

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
Are tickets transferable to friends with advance notice to the club? That way people can share in the luck. I don't have 5 family members in each ballot.

Tickets are very much not transferable. They will have your name on and you have to take photo ID to the game.

I dont really understand your point about not having five in family. A group can be any number up to 5 but as I said in another reply the group go into the ballot as one and either get ti kets for all or none. A group of 5 hss the same chance in the ballot as a single individual.

edit I have just realised I may have got this wrong. I am now not sure if each member of a group gets their own choice or not. Maybe somebody could clarify? The club info says being in a group does not affect you chance in the ballot either way which suggests to me a group of 5 may get 5 chances to win

APOLOGIES IF I HAVE MISLEAD ANYONEL

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Tickets are very much not transferable. They will have your name on and you have to take photo ID to the game.

I dont really understand your point about not having five in family. A group can be any number up to 5 but as I said in another reply the group go into the ballot as one and either get ti kets for all or none. A group of 5 hss the same chance in the ballot as a single individual.

edit I have just realised I may have got this wrong. I am now not sure if each member of a group gets their own choice or not. Maybe somebody could clarify? The club info says being in a group does not affect you chance in the ballot either way which suggests to me a group of 5 may get 5 chances to win

APOLOGIES IF I HAVE MISLEAD ANYONEL

Thanks for your good intentions though.

The question stills stands and I'm sure [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has had many. Equally, I hope the club find a way to make any successful ballot transferable to season ticket friends who may not have had the chance to attend.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
So people that went to Gillingham and watched Frank Worthington get booked in the tunnel for carrying a comb in his sock do not get preferential treatment ? , Barber Out , NOW .

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Thanks for your good intentions though.

The question stills stands and I'm sure [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has had many. Equally, I hope the club find a way to make any successful ballot transferable to season ticket friends who may not have had the chance to attend.

I don't think it does still stand because as I understand it everyone will have an equal chance of winning in the ballot whether they are in a group or not. To be able to add people who were unsuccessful would mean some are more equal than others as they had two bites at the cherry.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I don't think it does still stand because as I understand it everyone will have an equal chance of winning in the ballot whether they are in a group or not. To be able to add people who were unsuccessful would mean some are more equal than others as they had two bites at the cherry.

This seems unfair though. As I understand it, if I am successful in the first ballot then my name goes back into the hat for the second ballot when it should not. Once I have had 'my game' I should give others the chance to win or be able to throw my ticket back into the pot or pass it to another season ticket holder (who would then, by reason, not be entitled to the next ballot.)

It's all about sharing nicely.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
You have misunderstood. If you elect to be a group the group goes into the ballot as one so no better cchance than Mr nomates.

I may be being dim here but I don't see how this will work in practice.

Lets say for arguments sake there are 5000 seats available (i am ignoring price bands for the moment). You can't draw 5000 season ticket holder names from a hat as some of those will be in groups and you will end up with more than 5000 entitled to go. I can't see anyway to do it other than drawing one name, seeing who else in in their group (lets say 4 others, and then saying we have 4995 left and keep going like that. This ignores price banding which would make it even more complicated.

Am I missing something?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This seems unfair though. As I understand it, if I am successful in the first ballot then my name goes back into the hat for the second ballot when it should not. Once I have had 'my game' I should give others the chance to win or be able to throw my ticket back into the pot or pass it to another season ticket holder (who would then, by reason, not be entitled to the next ballot.)

It's all about sharing nicely.

From the point of view you express, then yes that would appear more fair. But I believe that would be harder to administrate so I understand the club going for more simplicity.

I thought you were advocating nominating different season ticket holders to those in your group in the event that your group was successful in ballot and that some in the group didn't wish to go after all.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I will not want to be in Ballot for tickets and will if possible put mine on exchange every home game until normality resumes. For many years as soon as fixtures are out I`ve worked out my timetable to fit. Knowing we are at Home,

be it 3pm on a saturday or midweek is planned for. Waiting for a Ballot result ..... No thankyou !!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
From the point of view you express, then yes that would appear more fair. But I believe that would be harder to administrate so I understand the club going for more simplicity.

I thought you were advocating nominating different season ticket holders to those in your group in the event that your group was successful in ballot and that some in the group didn't wish to go after all.

It is actually rather easy to administer as every fan has a fan number so it's simple to transfer tickets as long as cut off dates are put in place.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
if you are vulnerable and opt out , can you opt back in when things are likely to be sorted feb next year ?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
if you are vulnerable and opt out , can you opt back in when things are likely to be sorted feb next year ?

Don't know the answer for sure but I think you can only opt out for the season. Why February, do you know something that we don't?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Don't know the answer for sure but I think you can only opt out for the season. Why February, do you know something that we don't?

just when i suspect will be ok.

Just wondered. So if vulnerable and are hopeful that by next may will be ok to attend then best not opt out and keep putting any successful ticket wins on the exchange then.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
If my group win the ballot we will need to decide whether to attend or put tickets up for resale on the exchange. Does anyone know whether all group members will have to make the same decision ? ie all attend or all resell on exchange.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If my group win the ballot we will need to decide whether to attend or put tickets up for resale on the exchange. Does anyone know whether all group members will have to make the same decision ? ie all attend or all resell on exchange.

You can opt out individually. I would assume you can put them on the exchange individually, but you're supposed to sit in you designated seat - if they police that fervently, you might want to plan ahead and make sure those in your group putting them on the exchange are at the ends of your selection of seats. (If they don't fervently police the seating, I guess you can just ask whoever buys the tickets to switch if they are in the middle of your group).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You can opt out individually. I would assume you can put them on the exchange individually, but you're supposed to sit in you designated seat - if they police that fervently, you might want to plan ahead and make sure those in your group putting them on the exchange are at the ends of your selection of seats. (If they don't fervently police the seating, I guess you can just ask whoever buys the tickets to switch if they are in the middle of your group).

Isn't track and trace reliant on supporters self policing and sitting in the seat they are allocated

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It isn't, is it? Or have i missed the email?

Presumably we have to wait for the Government to give the go ahead for fans to be allowed into matches before the club sets up anything like that. No point in the club putting systems in place without knowing what the Government is going to allow.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Presumably we have to wait for the Government to give the go ahead for fans to be allowed into matches before the club sets up anything like that. No point in the club putting systems in place without knowing what the Government is going to allow.

This. Until we know what the first game is that we can apply for - probably/hopefully West Brom - and what the capacity might be initially, no details will be put up.

Positive noises from Dowden (the Secretary of State for Sports etc) following the Albion's test event, unsurprisingly.

From Mail article;

Government officials are pleased with the success of football's first pilot for the return of spectators and continue to work towards welcoming socially distanced crowds back inside grounds from the start of October.

Brighton hosted a friendly against Chelsea with 2,500 fans at the Amex Stadium on Saturday.

The event was closely observed by DCMS (the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport) and they will liaise this week with experts from the Sports Grounds Safety Authority about scaling up the pilot schemes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here