Return of Henderson??

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
durrington gully said:
I really don't think that Henderson is a priority. There's nothing wrong with FDM

Chaigneau is only on a season loan. Might this be the only chance we get to snap up Henderson? Sullivan and Martin are potentially not ready, and Kuipers can't go on forever, and can be injury prone.

An additional keeper will prove very useful....

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Henderson was awesome when he was with us - definately a priority in my eyes...

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Seagull73 said:
Because it's not a priority position Chappers. Just exactly how much money is there about if we go spending 30k on a new keeper when we apparently have two very capable goalkeepers already at the club?

Well where are they then? ???

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I need teepee said:
I believe it would be a great signing if we land Henderson as the Argus reports today for £30k.

He would bring a real stability to that position, and the defence would be more relaxed to know they have a quality player (for this level) behind them.

Yikes :eek:

BigFoot01.jpg

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Uncle Buck said:
But if Henderson is available he is a great prospect and the sort of player that could well make the club money in the future, so we should be trying to snap him up.

:thumbsup:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
A top signing I think. Equal to the FDM as a shot-stopper, and his kicking is incomparably better. Not just good for launching attacks - it takes a lot of pressure off the defence. Michel doesn't inspire confidence with back-passes and so we end up giving the ball away in stupid positions. They used to ping it back to Henderson from all over the pitch.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
SI 4 BHA said:
Oh good, we're saved from relegation!

Silly me, I thought we needed a striker who can score the odd goal, a creative midfielder or maybe a left back but what do we get - another goalie! I'm sure that will make all the difference for the rest of the season!
Question for you........if you don't concede a goal, can you lose the game.....???????

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
would be an immense signing!! really rate him, and think he will be by far the greatest goalie we have, when flo goes bak we wont have any proven talent other than kuipers nd he can get easily injured...as we've seen. if we can get hendo then we HAVE to, he is a quality player and a keeper making great saved at the back breathes confidence through the team.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
brightonfan_86 said:
Hopefully we can agree personal terms etc, will be a great signing.

Personally terms is the least of Hendersons worries, he has often stated he wants to leave Villa and come to us as he never gets a game at Villa and loves it here

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
£30k would be a bargain... keeper is a very, very important position that MM and DK have to address... we have pi$$ed about too much with getting Blayney and/or Henderson on-board permanently... time to stop this messing about and sign Henderson...

Flo is a joke... his handling is at schoolboy level... ok he can kick and throw, but these are not the primary attributes of a good keeper... FDM is afar better shot-stopper and commands his area far better... how Flo can be picked over FDM, I'll never know...

1066gull

As soon as he signs, I am the first getting his autograph.

Frutos & Henderson = Best in World

Ever.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
1066Seagull said:
As soon as he signs, I am the first getting his autograph.

Frutos & Henderson = Best in World

Ever.

What is with all the love for Frutos? Has no-one ever seen him trying to defend? :O

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
fake slim said:
What is with all the love for Frutos? Has no-one ever seen him trying to defend? :O

But Clive Walker and Mark Barham were pretty shite defensively and were the last good wingers we'd had till we got Frutos and Carole.
Apart from Mark Flatts but he couldn't tackle at all

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
keaton said:
But Clive Walker and Mark Barham were pretty shite defensively and were the last good wingers we'd had till we got Frutos and Carole.
Apart from Mark Flatts but he couldn't tackle at all

Except Currie?

Or Storer?

Brooker?

The thing is though, he costs us goals and when we're only scoring 1,2 at most a game we cant afford two wingers who can't defend.

Thought Carole helped out defensively yesterday but Frutos left Lynch exposed quite a bit also his fault at reading and home to milwall

I need teepee

Jul 30, 2005
Hove
"Oh good, we're saved from relegation!

Silly me , I thought we needed a striker who can score the odd goal, a creative midfielder or maybe a left back but what do we get - another goalie! I'm sure that will make all the difference for the rest of the season!"

Quoted by SI 4 BHA.

In reply to this would you rather see us lose games 2-3, 2-4 etc or get results like 0-0 and 1-0 which would actually keep us in this division.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
fake slim said:
Except Currie?

Or Storer?

Brooker?

The thing is though, he costs us goals and when we're only scoring 1,2 at most a game we cant afford two wingers who can't defend.

Thought Carole helped out defensively yesterday but Frutos left Lynch exposed quite a bit also his fault at reading and home to milwall

What are you talking about?... wingers are there to make chances, defenders to defend...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports