Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Return of Henderson??

I need teepee

Jul 30, 2005
Hove
I believe it would be a great signing if we land Henderson as the Argus reports today for £30k.

He would bring a real stability to that position, and the defence would be more relaxed to know they have a quality player (for this level) behind them.

It may mean the beginning of the end for Kuipers who has served this club well. After all he helped us to two championships and played a part in the playoff season.

This club has to move forward however much we like the players we lose along the way.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Oh good, we're saved from relegation!

Silly me, I thought we needed a striker who can score the odd goal, a creative midfielder or maybe a left back but what do we get - another goalie! I'm sure that will make all the difference for the rest of the season!

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
SI 4 BHA said:

Silly me, I thought we needed a striker who can score the odd goal, a creative midfielder or maybe a left back but what do we get - another goalie! I'm sure that will make all the difference for the rest of the season!

:clap: :clap:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Hmmmmmmmm 30k for a quality keeper that we have all seen has talent?

Yeah f*** that, what's the point? I mean, improving the team? Whatever next?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
ChapmansThe Saviour said:

Because it's not a priority position Chappers. Just exactly how much money is there about if we go spending 30k on a new keeper when we apparently have two very capable goalkeepers already at the club?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
But we've scored goals recently and not got any points.
Henderson, along with Roberts, is the best keeper we've had for a long time

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
SI 4 BHA said:

dont say things like that our chappers will go off on one again.:down: :down: :down:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Seagull73 said:
Because it's not a priority position Chappers. Just exactly how much money is there about if we go spending 30k on a new keeper when we apparently have two very capable goalkeepers already at the club?

I see the goalkeeping spot as a VERY important position and if there are doubts over Kuipers' kicking and the Frenchie isn't going to get a game unless it'as against somebody that we need good distribution against then why not buy a keeper that we have seen to be good distribution wise and that is good in the air and has a decent save on him? Kuipers can then go back out on loan and we can have the french kid as back up.

The left back position is going to be extremely hard to fill at this time of the season and if we can actually afford to buy a midfielder that can make a difference to our season I'll be AMAZED.

I believe we do have the players that can keep this club up already and we should be looking at loans for the rest which will NOT cost that much. Let's ust hope we can get some moolah for Knight and we might have something to play with.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
see...now look what you have done

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Would be a great signing we need to strengthen where we can, so if Mark Mcghee is struggling to strengthen other positions we should strengthen where we can. The current squad is not good enough IMO so any aquisition of an European U21 must be looked at as a positive step and a good signing.

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton

:lolol: :lolol:

We have conceeded 43 goals this season, if Henderson helps keep the number down during the second half of this season I say 30k is a f***ing steal !!

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I see the goalkeeping spot as a VERY important position and if there are doubts over Kuipers' kicking and the Frenchie isn't going to get a game unless it'as against somebody that we need good distribution against then why not buy a keeper that we have seen to be good distribution wise and that is good in the air and has a decent save on him? Kuipers can then go back out on loan and we can have the french kid as back up.

The left back position is going to be extremely hard to fill at this time of the season and if we can actually afford to buy a midfielder that can make a difference to our season I'll be AMAZED.

I believe we do have the players that can keep this club up already and we should be looking at loans for the rest which will NOT cost that much. Let's ust hope we can get some moolah for Knight and we might have something to play with.

I agree with you about the goalkeeping position, no question, but we do have one very capable keeper, and another that is ok. As for left back, I was well impressed with Joel Lynch yesterday, be interesting to see how he comes along. And yeah I don't disagree about the money for a midfielder, but supposing 30-50k is the difference between us being able to sign a midfielder and not, that's my point?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Seagull73 said:
.......... supposing 30-50k is the difference between us being able to sign a midfielder and not, that's my point?

Surely one of the directors can afford to loan the club £30-50k in that case. £30k is a steal for a goalkeeper of this quality.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I would still take the keeper option I reckon.

Look at the midfielders we have: Nicholas, Chippy, Hammond, Frutos, Carole, Jarrett. I think that is decent enough if they actaully start performing which really is what it's all about at the moment. I don't see how bringing someone in is going to help unless those around the player can get on their games.

larus

IMO, Henderson is a better keeper than Kuipers.

If we can get him for £30k, then bloody good deal.

I just don't get it, the club is looking to strengthen, and we're moaning about it. I accept that we need a goal-scorer, creative mid-fielder and possibly a decent full-back, but for this money, Hendersons a steal as far as I'm concerned.

Also, if Henderson concedes less goals, stops giving away possession by not slicing out clearances, keeps play moving when we want to play with tempo, then these are all benefits too.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Henderson for 30k is a great investment for the club and he will make an immediate contribution. Not just one for the future.

Far better all round keeper than Kuipers. I reckon Michel could be on his way.

I need teepee

Jul 30, 2005
Hove
I agree to those who say we are weak in midfield. But we must have more cash available. Fair enough Dick sets McGhee a budget each year but we have had a bonus last summer in Virgo and Harding going, even though most of that has been probably used to keep the club going.

As chappers said earlier we can get loan signings to see us through and the injuries should start to ease off and players coming back are like signing new players in a way. After all we do have six on the injury list.

Hinshelwood, Dodd, Nicholas, Turienzo, Oatway, McPhee.

Four of these can have a significant affect on us staying up.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Seagull73 said:
I agree with you about the goalkeeping position, no question, but we do have one very capable keeper, and another that is ok. As for left back, I was well impressed with Joel Lynch yesterday, be interesting to see how he comes along. And yeah I don't disagree about the money for a midfielder, but supposing 30-50k is the difference between us being able to sign a midfielder and not, that's my point?

Lynch had a good game yesterday, but his natural position is centre back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here