Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restricted views at the Amex

smiler

Jan 12, 2006
Shoreham by Sea
On a visit to the Amex this week it was obvious to me that the seats near the rear exits at the back of the stands could have a restricted view. The top bar of the barrier with the directional signs is at eye level therefore obstructing the pitch view. Has anyone else noticed this problem ?

On a visit to the Amex this week it was obvious to me that the seats near the rear exits at the back of the stands could have a restricted view. The top bar of the barrier with the directional signs is at eye level therefore obstructing the pitch view. Has anyone else noticed this problem ?

Not sure if it's been mentioned on it but there is a mahoosive thread regarding restricted views.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Could have, or Do have? or are you just looking for something to moan about?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I noticed this as well, although it's not really a restricted view as it doesn't restrict the view of the pitch, just of the other stand. I wouldn't want to sit there personally, but then I don't like being that far from the pitch anyway. It would feel like you are watching a game at Wembley or somewhere, rather than watching the Albion.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
watching a game at Wembley or somewhere, rather than watching the Albion.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

article-0-01CA45B90000044D-625_468x286.jpg

Thinking about it, I'm right next to one of the stairwells in WSU and i get the feeling that with all the people trying to get to the bars early at half time it may become an issue.

This is not a moan Mr Naylor, just a concern.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Thinking about it, I'm right next to one of the stairwells in WSU and i get the feeling that with all the people trying to get to the bars early at half time it may become an issue.

I know what you mean, but you get that at every ground.

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009
I suspect he's talking about these seats and the direction boards, I'm a little concerned as my seats are near one of these exits. We shall see come the 6th, I'll be a wee bit annoyed if there is a problem.Restricted View.jpg

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The two aren't mutually exclusive.

article-0-01CA45B90000044D-625_468x286.jpg

Well no, not quite. But they've only played there 3 times in my lifetime, 2 of which I was age 1 for. So they are very nearly.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I suspect he's talking about these seats and the direction boards,

Then why would he specifically mention people going to the bars?

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I suspect he's talking about these seats and the direction boards, I'm a little concerned as my seats are near one of these exits. We shall see come the 6th, I'll be a wee bit annoyed if there is a problem.View attachment 26727

all the metal bars with signs on are getting change also on my north stand open day i asked about as my little brother is right by one and they said can you see someone take a corner and he couldnt and he said thats why they are getting changed

Laridae

Apr 28, 2011
West of Sussex
I know it's been mentioned elsewhere but I do hope the stewards retreat back to exits rather than stand up/lean against the bars as that will undoubtedly restrict people's views. For me personally I don't think where I am this issue will 'come into play' but I think for some it may - I mean if the seating signposts/bars at that height are obstructing, many more will be getting annoyed with the stewards standing up (as they reportedly were at the SSC Final).

How ironic, us fans will be asking the stewards to "sit down!" :)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I suspect he's talking about these seats and the direction boards, I'm a little concerned as my seats are near one of these exits. We shall see come the 6th, I'll be a wee bit annoyed if there is a problem.View attachment 26727

I was worried about this issue as I am near a stairwell in the family stand. I was particularly concerned for my two young sons. As it was I needn't have worried as our row is two rows up from the sign/bars. However I am sure if a small child sat in the seat immediately to the side if one of these, that the view would be restricted.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here