[Food] Restaurant 2024 thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I'm really susprised at the Tutto reviews. Had the vegetarian tasting menu there and the somelier suggested wines for each course and it was superb.

Also recommend the chilli pickle vegetarian banquet. Loads of food, well balanced (starter selection was large pani puri into which you could put your own balance of fillings), bhaji, cauliflower manchurian.

Main was your choice of curry to go with rice, naan, gunpowder potatoes and dhal. I had the aubergine which was brilliant.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
We were big fans of 4th and Church until an unfortunate experience on my wife's birthday 2 years ago. Only go for lunches now.

We had a fantastic brunch at the Red Roaster in the Dome complex the other week. On a par with Rust.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'm really susprised at the Tutto reviews. Had the vegetarian tasting menu there and the somelier suggested wines for each course and it was superb.

Also recommend the chilli pickle vegetarian banquet. Loads of food, well balanced (starter selection was large pani puri into which you could put your own balance of fillings), bhaji, cauliflower manchurian.

Main was your choice of curry to go with rice, naan, gunpowder potatoes and dhal. I had the aubergine which was brilliant.
Yeah my experience at Tutto was a good one. I was pairing my food with Daquiris though.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
We were big fans of 4th and Church until an unfortunate experience on my wife's birthday 2 years ago. Only go for lunches now.

We had a fantastic brunch at the Red Roaster in the Dome complex the other week. On a par with Rust.
Yeah very good there.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

What happened?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Jul 7, 2003
On another matter - are there any recommendations for a lightish lunch in Lewes?
Not a huge amount of options these days for lunch depending on the day of the week. I had a nice lunch in the Rights of Man before Christmas. I also like Zorba (Turkish restaurant) , consistently good food if that's your thing.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
What happened?
Friday evening a couple of weeks before Christmas. Allocated a 2 hour slot. Service was slow. The next diners were loitering near our table giving us the stinkeye. The waiters hassled us to hurry up. Very expensive.
Don't get me wrong - we've been big patrons of them over the years and love the wine selection and food quality. Portions getting smaller and more expensive. I am tempted by their lunch offer though.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Friday evening a couple of weeks before Christmas. Allocated a 2 hour slot. Service was slow. The next diners were loitering near our table giving us the stinkeye. The waiters hassled us to hurry up. Very expensive.
Don't get me wrong - we've been big patrons of them over the years and love the wine selection and food quality. Portions getting smaller and more expensive. I am tempted by their lunch offer though.
This is exactly what happened to us at 64 Degrees before lockdown when they had a 90 minute table policy. Took me over 4 years to persuade Mrs GB to go back.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
On a point though, when i booked chilli pickle they said they needed the table back after 1hr 45mins. Service was efficient not rushed and we were finished eating in 1hr 25 and able to loiter with drinks. Didnt need a dessert but would have been able to fit it in im sure if i had wanted.

90mins is very very tight imho

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If you send Paul (co-owner, front of house) an email explaining all this, I'd hope that he'd make amends somehow.
I know Paul (he was working at Butlers prior to setting up 4&C, and I used to go in there a fair bit at that point and got invited to the 4&C opening), and suspect he'd rather know than not, especially if you've been a regular.
You should do the lunch offer while it's still on: he said likely to last through Jan and Feb.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland