Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Last night, Cottage Tandoori in Shoreham - very agreeable and well priced curry

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That "set menu" there, which is basically any 3 courses off the whole menu for a tenner, is unbelievable value.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Last night, Cottage Tandoori in Shoreham - very agreeable and well priced curry

Love the food there though the unwary are highly likely to plunge down an unlikely positioned step or crack their head on a low beam or doorframe. I do it every time. Really HURTS in the morning.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Does any one know what is the best Chinese in Brighton? Need to book up a table for around seven of us.

Jul 7, 2003
For those who have enjoyed The Troll's Pantry burgers, he has just formally announced his latest venue. As well as the Hobgoblin, the best burgers in Brighton are now available in The Brunswick, Holland Road, Hove.

Northstand CAT

Apr 3, 2012
BN3
Had a Trolls Pantry Imperial burger at the Brunswick last night. Best burger i've ever eaten, enjoyed it more than the last Trolls Pantry I had when he was at the old woodstore. Served with triple cooked chips and decent bit of salad. 9/10

The last roast I had at Hove Place was seriously nice. The food their is looking really good now.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Went to Thai Elephant 2 in Peacehaven last night for the first time in years. Still pretty good value, although the sittings of 6pm (too early) or 9pm (too late) are still a bit of a pain in the arse. Seemed to be a lot more deep fried than I remember and some very random dishes. Plain mince on a square of iceberg lettuce was just one example. Also a reminder of how much sago pudding looks like frog spawn.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
After a recommendation for a party of 6 , pre theatre meal in Brighton. Have. we have done Casa Don Carlos too many times and not interested in chain restaurants (pizza express,Zizzi) or donatelloes / pinnichios.

NSC please help !

Jul 7, 2003
Although it is a chain, Cote opposite the Corn Exchange is fairly decent and not too pricey.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Street Thai, Brighton Square

The NSC mods dined here on Saturday night after the game and everyone seemed to both enjoy their food and have a good time. Starters, mains and plenty of beers for 9 came in at about £250 which seems decent value for fresh and tasty food.

Recommended if Thai is your thing.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

The NSC mods dined here on Saturday night after the game and everyone seemed to both enjoy their food and have a good time. Starters, mains and plenty of beers for 9 came in at about £250 which seems decent value for fresh and tasty food.

I went to the Troll's at Brunswick for a roast the Sunday before last. It was the first day but I wasn't massively impressed, had roast partiridge & season veg. The price point at £9.99 was bette than I thought it would be but still felt a couple of quid too much.

Had that old favourite, a Billie's farmhouse hash, for Sunday breakfast yesterday. Still excellent after all these years.

Seagrrl

Jan 22, 2012
Hove
Very nice. It's no 1 on my Mrs wishlist. Is it a bit stuffy? I know its tie and jacket for men. Been to several.Michellin starred places but.none with serious dress codes.

As for fine dining in Brighton thoroughly enjoyed Drakes recently.

Had my hen do here specifically because a few of the (small) group hadn't been to a Michelin starred restaurant before. We were all treated like princesses. It's not stuffy at all, just very, very good; regardless of who you are the service is there to make you feel special.
I don't think it's ties for men anymore, but it's a place to dress up for anyway.
In Brighton Graze is a favourite but Gingerman and Drakes also very good.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Wondered what you lot were doing in a huddle in WSL post match

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Went to MacMillans in Worthing on Friday not the best surroundings and decor , in fact far from it, but they sure do know how to cook a steak.

I am waiting for somebody to report on the new steak house in Burgess Hill The Sussex Steak House in Mill Rd either good or bad.

Northstand CAT

Apr 3, 2012
BN3
Does anyone know a restaurant/pub that serves good food around the East Grinstead/ Turners Hill area? I'll be eating in this area Thursday night but haven't got a clue whats around.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Just been to a new restaurant called 64 degrees. In meeting house lanes. Absolutely sublime one of the best meals I've had this year. Only opened yesterday, interesting concept. Open kitchen with lots of interaction with the kitchen team. Get yourselves down there to try it out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here