Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reserves at Lancing

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Anyone know the score in the reserves fixture this evening?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Albion 18 Reading 0

Loft (3, 6, 18, 21, 25, 29, 46. 48. 50, 53, 58, 59, 64, 66, 69, 74)
Mayo (35)

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Text from an nsc'er at the game at 19.15 reads: "3-0 down. Shocking. Mayo fat and slow. Loft on fire. Ronson Kanu for them is a god, scored 2. Robinson playing ok. Birchall done nothing."

Oh, and I see the final score was 4-0.

woohooooo, Doug Loft is on fire?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Text from an nsc'er at the game at 19.15 reads: "3-0 down. Shocking. Mayo fat and slow. Loft on fire. Ronson Kanu for them is a god, scored 2. Robinson playing ok. Birchall done nothing."

Oh, and I see the final score was 4-0.

Can't really judge it untill you see Reading's team.Our reserve team looks pants.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
what a terrible shock that was to see us play like that, we are so short of players we dont actually have a reserve team anymore. We just have a first team and a youth team.

Pelling looked scared in goal and never came off his line

Royce was on the receiving end of a very dangerous tackle, not a g reat tackler but looked ok going forward

Mayo didnt even play left back, played in the middle, which mean he wont play left back on Saturday. He is on the chubby side to say the least.

Dunk did OK, but was roasted for 2 of their goals

Brencher, a right footed left back with not much offered defensively but did ok going forward

Cox looked good, very mouthy, lots of long range balls to Robinson upfront. Still cannot beat that first man on corners!!

Loft played well, ran at them, tracked back and played some great passes, also mis controlled the ball alot

Birchall was a disappointment, looked rusty did really offer much, but on one game is hard to say if he is any good

Brinkhurst has loads of pace, gets down the line well, but lacks the final cross and shot

Upton didnt get much service had no real chances, but worked hard

Robinson looked the livliest of our team, getting in behind the Reading defense a few times, but couldnt deliver that final cross or shot. He even managed to take it round the keeper and some how still miss

Lancing's new stand is pretty smart, but the pitch awful. £2.40 a pint :thumbsup:

We should seriously look at signing two of their players, Hal Robson-Kanu upfront was brilliant, pace, power, calm finisher.
Julian Kelly at right back had skills and a great cross

Bad news was that there was a bit of talk that Murray is not fit enough to start on Saturday

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I sat in front of someone from Reading who was talking to someone from Bournmouth may have been Eddie Howe (after players), he said only one player on the pitch was a young scholar all the others had been out on loan to league clubs and their aim was to get all the players vying for first team places.

We were seriously outplayed. Although Jake could have bagged a hatrick if he had the finishing of their forwards.

Keeping the faith.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Good report, a couple of pics would have complemented it.
When I last went to Culver Road in the 70s the stand was spacious but a bit of a mess; has it been replaced, or another one built elsewhere?

got a couple of grainy ones on my phone

Attachments

• Image048.jpg
    Image048.jpg
    379.3 KB · Views: 384
  • Image049.jpg
    Image049.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 381

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
readings team was a team of mainly scholars
Andersen; Kelly, Golbourne, Kamdjo, Pearce; Karacan (Taylor 89), Sigurdsson, Henry, Bozanic (Bignall HT); Church, Robson-Kanu
Unused subs: Locke, Frewen, Vasilev

Not mainly scholars at all. Far from it. As Mendoza said we could do with some of those players, Robson-Kanu, Henry, Golbourne would be great signings.

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
From the Albion website:

"Trialist Chris Birchall played the full 90 minutes at Culver Road, but the Trinidad & Tobago midfielder couldn't help a young Seagulls line-up from being overrun by the lively Royals."

I'd like to change the words "couldn't help" to "didn't help".

I wish I was wrong but he showed no presence, input or talent tonight.

I know you cant go on just one game, but that is all the management is going on, and if they sign on the strength of tonights performance then they are just insane..!!

Like I said, I wish I was wrong, because a fresh face could do some good but from what I've seen tonight, if we sign him, we could be adding a player that is no more or less talented than some of our 1st team players we have the moment.

Its all poo at the moment...

On a more positive note... Would be good if we whacked Leeds on Sat. :smokin:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
He was on loan at Carlisle before us and hardly got a match.That must say something.I would cool our interest to be honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here