Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Request to Tim Carder (or anyone else that prepared to continue his great work)

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
As this is a seminal period for the Albion and it feels like a past era has just ended to many, now would be a good time for an updated version of the clubs history in book format.

Tim Carder produced the excellent club history which I last saw in hardback updated to the early to mid nineties, but as far as I know this hasn't been updated since.

Tim - if your out there - any chance of a new version?

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
The last one ended with the 92-93 season, my copy is threadbare now :(
Tim you know me well, come on lets have a new updated book it will sell very well i am sure of that

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
No one is currently putting in more unpaid hours on Albion work than Tim. I'm sure he'd love to look at updating the club history - perhaps he already is - but be gentle when it comes to lobbying him.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I believe a sequel to Build a Bonfire is on it's way, covering the battle for Falmer right up to the Donny game.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
As this is a seminal period for the Albion and it feels like a past era has just ended to many, now would be a good time for an updated version of the clubs history in book format.

Tim Carder produced the excellent club history which I last saw in hardback updated to the early to mid nineties, but as far as I know this hasn't been updated since.

Tim - if your out there - any chance of a new version?
[MENTION=831]The History Man[/MENTION]

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I believe a sequel to Build a Bonfire is on it's way, covering the battle for Falmer right up to the Donny game.

You believe correctly, they were on the Albion Roar a while back and confirmed this.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
That is something I think [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] was thinking of producing, on here, with a little help from his friends.

A full compilation of results from our entire history.

I have that Seagulls book. I hope we don't have to wait 70 years for the next installment.

I haven't been in the wiki section for awhile, but people could compile each and every season on separate pages.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I met one of the writers of Build a Bonfire on the P&R bus from Mithras to The Amex on Saturday. Very nice bloke. They have almost finished writing the book. Loads of intervies with people involved. The period covered by the book will end with the Donny game - full circle if you like.

A friend picked up a copy of "A Brief History of Brighton & Hove Albion FC 1901-2011" by Tim Carder at the club shop for £1.99. 30 A4 pages of history and stats taking you right up to June 2011.

Very good read and up to date.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I met one of the writers of Build a Bonfire on the P&R bus from Mithras to The Amex on Saturday. Very nice bloke. They have almost finished writing the book. Loads of intervies with people involved. The period covered by the book will end with the Donny game - full circle if you like.

A friend picked up a copy of "A Brief History of Brighton & Hove Albion FC 1901-2011" by Tim Carder at the club shop for £1.99. 30 A4 pages of history and stats taking you right up to June 2011.

Very good read and up to date.

One of them even snatched a quick interview with Derek Chapman in the North Stand concourse bar after the Donny game.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Harnessing the power of wikis, let's write it ourselves - 17 seasons - a summary of each season from 1993/94 onwards plus the results, line-ups etc of games for each of the seasons? Maybe everyone can be in charge of a season.

Bet Tim's busy with other Albion stuff!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

be suprised they'eve just done a reprint of the original text+ NSC's very own Half Time At Hereford thread

And tim did do a couple of individual season updates that could be inserted into the book (only the season, not the whole book!)

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
That is something I think [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] was thinking of producing, on here, with a little help from his friends.

A full compilation of results from our entire history.

is available NOW from the club shop for £2.99 - up to date to the end of last season

001.jpg

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
be suprised they'eve just done a reprint of the original text+ NSC's very own Half Time At Hereford thread

And tim did do a couple of individual season updates that could be inserted into the book (only the season, not the whole book!)

Prepare to be surprised then - I spoke to the authior at the Donny game - a follow up is on the way.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
A follow up to 'Seagulls! The Story of Brighton & Hove Albion'? Oh my.

I'm still waiting for John Vinicombe's follow up to 'Super Seagulls.'

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Originally Posted by LadySeagull:
There is another instalment being written at the moment by another Albion fan - patience people!

Is that the Brighton Are Back book?

I don't think so, it doesn't have a definite title yet but is well underway. The one I am thinking of is due to be a follow-up to 'Seagulls' but is being written by another BHA fan, not Tim Carder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here