Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Replacements for Lallana?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Of course it is just a dream. That said, I'm pretty f***ing sure RDZ would be quite pleased with doing a change or two to accomodate Lionel Messi...
I didn't' say he wouldn't be. I said that it has no future. Signing aging megastars on huge contracts is the antithesis of Bloom' s approach. Messi is supposedly taking home about €35m a year at PSG. That is comparable with our total wage budget and there would be no sell on.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Last season, when he was playing for Brentford, we were saying that Eriksen would have been perfect in the Lallana role if we didn't already have Lallana.

That ship has sailed and I can't see anyone obvious, but since when have TB/PB/RDZ done the obvious :wink:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Instead of paying Messi, at all, give him 10% of the club. Think the remaining 90% will be worth more than the current 100%. He has to play 2 years and stay involved long term even just bit of sofa scouting of south america and shaking hands at signings. Tony to then get 10% of some Argentine club he then buys in 2030.

I miss B.G. as if he was still here we’d be buying stains’ best player when they go down and finally score free-kicks, corners and at least as many open play goals. Without him having to move house. Nothing about teams like wetsham and that lot up the road probably offering him more than double wages we would.

Sensible suggestion, we already have multiple replacements in the squad.

Fun other suggestions to spend the money instead and assuming won’t be a Brighton style cheap option. Buy Scott from Bristol City instead as so flexible and would be better than Gilmour deep, possibly freeing him up to be third string further up the pitch where Lallana played.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Gundogan, Moura and Lanzini will all end their contract this summer and could all add an attacking threat to our squad

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Yup, Gundogan swap as part of Mac transfer would be fantastic if highly unlikely business.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Marvellous scenes!

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I'm always amused by typos. In Naylor's article:

Lallana said: “It’s no secret that I’m really enjoying myself at this football club. Although I’m not getting any longer, I still feel that I can contribute a lot".

I'm glad we've stopped trying to stretch him.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
1678728590373.png

Jimmy Grimble

Was there an official timeframe put on his return?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Looks like the replacement for Lallana is ................................ Lallana. Be fine, if he can stay fit for a decent amount of games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here