Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reo Ferdinand Tweet response...

Jimmy Grimble

Sounds like he's stuck in the past to me, based on company being kept. Oasis/Madchester isn't the future.

You're right - it's not - but it's probably helped succeed in getting his name on the map in the mainstream, so to speak.

And his music isn't that similar to their's, either. His biggest influence is Dylan.

Sep 20, 2005
Here he is on Jools Holland's Hootenanny last week.....

I wish I had been able to do that when I was 18.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Here he is on Jools Holland's Hootenanny last week.....

I wish I had been able to do that when I was 18.

I'd be quite happy to be able to do that now, or at any other stage of the 41 years that have imtervened between now and 18

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You're right - it's not - but it's probably helped succeed in getting his name on the map in the mainstream, so to speak.

And his music isn't that similar to their's, either. His biggest influence is Dylan.

That makes me a bit more interested.

Me too. On a whim, I blew £7 of my xmas HMV voucher on the Bugg lad's album, at the weekend (purely on this single post about Dylan influences). I haven't had a listen yet, but shall report back.

Good timing too, as we'll get to see Will Hughes in the flesh for the first time on Saturday, so by Saturday evening I'll be able to give an informed opinion on which one really IS the SAVIOUR of English music / football!

Jimmy Grimble

Me too. On a whim, I blew £7 of my xmas HMV voucher on the Bugg lad's album, at the weekend (purely on this single post about Dylan influences). I haven't had a listen yet, but shall report back.

Good timing too, as we'll get to see Will Hughes in the flesh for the first time on Saturday, so by Saturday evening I'll be able to give an informed opinion on which one really IS the SAVIOUR of English music / football!

Ha!

If it occurs that you don't like the album, I'd like to point out Bugg HIMSELF cited Dylan as his BIGGEST influence - it's not a conclusion I've drawn from listening to his music! Although I DO think it is apparent he has been influenced by him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ha!

If it occurs that you don't like the album, I'd like to point out Bugg HIMSELF cited Dylan as his BIGGEST influence - it's not a conclusion I've drawn from listening to his music! Although I DO think it is apparent he has been influenced by him.

Duly noted...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ha!

Right. Heard the first 3 tracks in the car on the way in this morning. His delivery really is rather Dylanesque, although overall the sound is closer to Ryan Adams. Early thoughts are that he clearly has a bit of talent, but that the overbearing American flavour of it all could get very tiresome. I think I'd enjoy it more if I didn't know he was actually from Nottingham.

"hiding from the Feds...". In Nottingham. Sort it out, fella.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"hiding from the Feds...". In Nottingham. Sort it out, fella.

Take it from me, you get kids in Hove and Portslade talking about "da Feds", or the "Po-po's". They're all just so GANGSTA :lolol:

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Fair enough. I'll have a listen later.

He clearly knows very little about football though, if he thinks that holding down a regular place in a mid-table Championship team at the age of 17, is a cause for amusement.

He's from Nottingham so that should explain it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here